iPhone 6 running new iOS 9.2.1 problem with storage possibly due to update

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.2.1 a couple of days ago, and ever since then, everything I try to do all of the sudden gives me the error saying there is not enough storage space to continue. I have deleted over 20 songs, half of my apps, and done everything else I can to download one app, but for some reason it still says that same message. I know for a fact after deleting half my apps and data, that I have well damn enough space.

Anyone else having this problem? Like... help.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
When you go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage how much available space is showing under Storage? What is the exact message you're getting?
7d1861a3dc67cf60b945d02635bcb1dd.jpg

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Actually, just turned my device off and back on, it works fine now. Synced no problem. However, this is the second time I've had to do this for this reason now since I updated. Also, Safari froze and crashed like I've never seen it. This update is terrible.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually, just turned my device off and back on, it works fine now. Synced no problem. However, this is the second time I've had to do this for this reason now since I updated. Also, Safari froze and crashed like I've never seen it. This update is terrible.

Just deleted half my stuff for nothing.

Well, glad you got it working. If you keep having an issue you might want to consider an iTunes restore. It sounds like a software issue to me.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
did you download the update OTA? it temp stores its sometimes 1.4GB file on your device until after the update is complete. you can usually go into the settings and delete the sometimes leftover update download. my guess is your phone downloaded the whole update, made your device run out of room, then after it completed it deleted it as it should and returned your space back to you.

as someone stated above, how full is/was your devices memory? if you're almost at capacity, chances are this may happen again next iOS update.

avichamp

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to bump and old thread but this exact thing is happening to me.

I deleted over 3 Gigs of pictures and videos and it was fine for a while but then the not enough storage space thing started again. I have not used up the space so I have no idea what is going on. Turning it off and also connecting to itunes and backing up helped once, available storage re-appeared and all was fine. But the next day it started up again and now nothing works, any ideas?

avichamp

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Well this is frustrating. It just solved itself. No reset, nothing. Just checked and it says 5GB available. But it was like this before, I expect it at any moment to say "not enough storage space" and check settings and see that 5GB at 0 again....

Mark040

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I am getting the very same problem. I deleted more than 2Gb of data and 10 mins later no storage left. Restored it in itunes. I got 5.2 Gb then 2 hours later I'm back down to 253mb and decreasing. When connected to itunes I have 4.6Gb of documents and data. Was only 400Mb when I first restored. How do I delete the documents and data?
So frustrating. Only started doing it last few days. I updated to 9.2.1 a while ago.

Please help