Why have my notes disappeared from my iPhone 6?

I

iMore Question

My notes disappeared from my iPhone 6

All of my notes are gone. They are not associated with an e-mail account. The they are supposed to be backed up in iCloud (toggled on), but are not there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My notes disappeared from my iPhone 6

Then more than likely they are gone, unfortunately. Having said that, you stated that your notes "are not there" a meaning in iCloud. Did you "restore" the backup to your iPhone to make that determination?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Toggle Notes OFF in Settings > iCloud, then check the Notes folder in your iCloud email in the mail app.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

The mistake that some make is they create notes on there device only and not in the cloud. This might be your issue
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454453698.499375.jpg

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

All of my notes are gone. They are not associated with an e-mail account. The they are supposed to be backed up in iCloud (toggled on), but are not there.

If you set them up to not be associated with an email account and you toggled the "on my iPhone" account option on and did not sync the notes to iCloud then they may in fact be gone. But I am curious what lead up to the notes disappearing? Did you restore? Software update? More details please...