Can you please, please help me with my iPhone 6? It has Gremins living in it!?

I

iMore Question

Can you please, please help me with my iphone 6? It has "Gremins" living in it!

Hi, I have this problem now with an iphone 6. This is my 3rd one. The first one was brand new from Verizon because the camera didn't work, the 2nd one was from Verizon (refurbished) and the 3rd one is brand new from the Apple Store. This problem does not happen all the time mostly in my apartment or like yesterday when I walked in the electronics department of Target. My phone will randomly dial other numbers like *47777* while I'm on a call or it will conference me on face time on its own while I'm on a call or it will mute itself while I'm on a call. Called Verizon several times. No resolve.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Can you please, please help me with my iphone 6? It has "Gremins" living in it!

That is odd... Does that happen when the phone is completely stock? Nothing installed? If you have not tried that yet, back up your phone then go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings. Once the phone comes back up set it up as new and use it for a day or so in the places your odd issues happen and see if it still does it. If not, start installing apps ones at a time and see if the issues comes up.

Could be something you have installed that is causing your anomaly.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can you please, please help me with my iphone 6? It has "Gremins" living in it!

Wow I can't explain that... sounds like someone is putting mushrooms in your coffee when you ain't looking lol. Jk jk have you tried doing a factory reset?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I doubt the problem is hardware-related being that you're allegedly on your 3rd device so I suspect it's software-related. If you restored each device from a backup, you could have installed the possible corrupt file or malware onto each device. Having said that, put the device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, and then restore it via iTunes. Afterwards, DO NOT RESTORE FROM A BACKUP! Set up the device as new.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73