Does anyone else still have lag on their iPhone 5s,6,6s on iOS 9?

Oyoil

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Try android phones, and you will know what lag is. After using android phones, I think iOS is better. Still using Note3,S6,Kyocera hydro wave, iPhone 6S and 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All my apps and web pages are slow to pop up, both on my iPhone 6# and iPad, It is annoying but not a major issue.

That's 2 different issues. I see a good bit of Safari issues with Web pages, but that's improved a great deal. Especially with 2 gb RAM. I haven't heard of apps being slow to open. Is that what you mean? Mine open right up. If you're having issues like that on both devices, I would guess it may be a wifi issue. Have you rebooted your wifi modem /router lately?

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
The most puzzling thing about iPhones is the odd variations in problems people have. exact same phones with same OS versions behaving differently. One is dropping calls when you turn the screen off and the other one is fine. Mine screws up playing mp3's over BT and no else can replicate. I have lag and you don't, etc. This type of behavior you see on PCs, due to the wide variation in hardware. iPhones shouldn't really have these problems. As Apple spreads their lineup further, I fear problems will only worsen.

Smartphones are still kind of new, but I don't cut them much slack for it. It's a computer with the same components. You have a cpu, ram, mass storage, screen and OS. Yes its way smaller, but miniaturization isn't something new to the electronic industry. I think the problem resides within the OS itself. along with flash memory as storage. Smartphone OS's probably don't have the same level of resiliency that modern desktop OS's have. I also think that flash memory is prone to corruption, especially when the OS has no safeguards against bit rot.

Of course I have no idea what I'm talking about, so this might all be BS :)

brentyork

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm experiencing lag on my iPad air, doing a restore now to see if that helps. It appears to be a RAM issue, but I'm not sure. Hopefully that will help.

OniTamo30

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Forget about a lag-free, snappy performance on the iPhone 6. Apple wants us to buy a newer product so they won't intentionally bring back the 8.4.1 performance. It's not an accident that the whole experience was downgraded when the iPhone 6s and iOS 9 came out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Forget about a lag-free, snappy performance on the iPhone 6. Apple wants us to buy a newer product so they won't intentionally bring back the 8.4.1 performance. It's not an accident that the whole experience was downgraded when the iPhone 6s and iOS 9 came out.

Conspiracy? If so, why does my iPhone 6S Plus performs as well as it did prior to updating to iOS 9?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner