Why are my text message notifications disappear from Notification Center?

I

iMore Question

Text messages notifications disappear from Notification Center

I just recently got an iPhone 6. I'm running the latest iOS which is 9.1. I've noticed that some text messages notifications that I've seen from the banner or the lock screen will randomly disappear from my Notification Center when I want to click on them. Is there a way to fix this issue. I have tried powering it off but still get this issue. I also noticed that the same issue also happens with mail notifications

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Texte messages notifications disappear from Notification Center

Are you sure you're not tapping on the "X" when attempting to slide to reply?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Texte messages notifications disappear from Notification Center

If you view them elsewhere first, then they don't show in the Notification Center. The same if you view one in the Notification Center, it goes away too.

sjskskdj

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Text messages notifications disappear from Notification Center

I don't "view" the notifications, It appear as a banner, I touch it to put in up and then when I slide down the notification center to get to the message app by the notification, it's gone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't "view" the notifications, It appear as a banner, I touch it to put in up and then when I slide down the notification center to get to the message app by the notification, it's gone.

When you touch it, it causes it to register as read. So then it doesn't show in the Notification Center. Don't touch the banner, and then check the Notification Center.

sjskskdj

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

When you touch it, it causes it to register as read. So then it doesn't show in the Notification Center. Don't touch the banner, and then check the Notification Center.

I don't think this is the reason because they don't always disappear when I swipe them up. Also, I remember doing this with my iPhone 5 and the notifications would still be in the notification center

sjskskdj

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

I don't think so, when I swipe them up they don't always disappear. Sometimes they are in the notification center but sometimes they are gone. I remember swiping them up on my iphone 5 and they were always in the notification center. My problem on my iphone 6 is that some randomly disappear from the notification center.