Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Thumbs up Practical Use of Text Replacement

On my PC I use a macro program to fill in forms. For example I use Ctrl-E to type out my email address. I wanted to do a similar thing on my Iphone and finally found "Text Replacement" (Settings>General>Keyboards>Text Replacement). I created a two simple text replacements for my two email accounts. If I type "Ea" my first email pops up and I can select it for the input box on a form. If I type "Eb", my second email can be be selected. You can ignore the text replacement suggestion and just keep typing what you really wanted to type. i.e. Easter Vacation (email suggestion will come up when you type Ea but will disappear once you type the "s". You can set up several form text replacements such as first name, last name, address, state, zip code, etc. This may be old hat to most of you but I was excited when I figured out how to do it.
    iMore Newbie

13 Posts

Default Re: Practical Use of Text Replacement

I do the same only I use "@@" for my primary email address and "@@@" for my secondary email. Same concept, and it works great!