How can I get notifications from my email when the screen is locked?

freddmc

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Problem with notification on emails.

I just bought an iphone 6 and want to set it up to notify me on receipt of an email when the screen is locked.So in effect when the phone is in my pocket and the screen locked I want a sound alert that I have received an email much the same way as the phone rings when receiving a phone call.

Part of the reason for buying a new phone is that this feature stopped working on my 4s.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem with notification on emails.

After setting up your email account on your iPhone, go to Settings→ Notifications-> Mail, and then make sure the toggle next to "Allow Notifications" is enabled. After that, select the specific email account and then make sure the toggle next to "Show on Lock Screen" is enabled, if you also want a visual alert.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Settings > Notifications > Mail > Allow Notifications > (be sure this is set to ON > select the email address > Show on Lock Screen > (be sure this is set to ON)

Repeat as needed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Ive tried all those. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Then you need to restore your device and set it up as new. I get alert notifications all day everyday and my iPhone's screen is always locked unless I'm using it.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you set a sound for the email notification in the settings for that email address?

Also, make sure that "Do Not Disturb" mode is not enabled.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711