My ringer icon won't go away on my iPhone 6. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I

iMore Question

my ringer icon won't go away on my iphone 6. is there anything I can do to fix it?

i dropped my phone in a toilet and it seems to be ok except the ringer icon won't go away on my phone and the up volumn button doesn't work.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: my ringer icon won't go away on my iphone 6. is there anything I can do to fix it?

Welcome to iMore! You may need to consider an upgrade to another iPhone. Try a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Let us know if that works!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: my ringer icon won't go away on my iphone 6. is there anything I can do to fix it?

If you have water damage, you might as well make preparations to get a new device.

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site

I held the top side power and the home round buttons at the same time on my iPhone 7 Plus and the Ringer icon is gone. Thank you!!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I held the top side power and the home round buttons at the same time on my iPhone 7 Plus and the Ringer icon is gone. Thank you!!

Well that’s odd. On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus you hold down the volume down button, not the home button.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77