water damaged iPhone 6 help logic board swap

hitmancellman

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a good condition iPhone 6 that has water damaged and will not power up no more. I have done everything I can to bring it back but I am afraid the logic board is garbage. I am going to try and replace the IC power supply chip to it and see if that will do the trick. If that doesn't work I will need to replace the whole logic board. Can this be done on the iPhone 6? I read that I need to remove 3 chips off the old board and put them on the new board. Can anyone confirm this please and if so what are the chips called that I need to remove?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You might want to visit the ifixit website in regard the this matter. They have very detailed tutorials on how to replace various components of your Apple products.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a good condition iPhone 6 that has water damaged and will not power up no more. I have done everything I can to bring it back but I am afraid the logic board is garbage. I am going to try and replace the IC power supply chip to it and see if that will do the trick. If that doesn't work I will need to replace the whole logic board. Can this be done on the iPhone 6? I read that I need to remove 3 chips off the old board and put them on the new board. Can anyone confirm this please and if so what are the chips called that I need to remove?

Have not seen it done but not saying it can't .. But imo it would be easier to take it to Apple and pay 299 to replace the whole phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox