How do I avoid having a call show on the locked screen of my Iphone6?
When my phone is in locked mode, I would like to be able to tell that I have a call coming in by relying on the vibration tone (versus the ring) and I don't want the call to show on the locked screen. I have tried to address this by going into Settings, Notifications/Phone and disabling "Show on Lock Screen". That doesn't do it. The call still shows on the locked screen. So I also tried to select Notifications/Phone and disabled "Allow Notifications" altogether. That also did not work.
- Best AnswerNov 08 2015 | 11:03 am EST
Go to Settings > Notifications > phone > set up this way.
Be sure "banners" and "alerts" at the bottom are not enabled.
- 11-08-2015, 11:03 AM #2
- 11-08-2015, 11:35 AM #3
- 11-08-2015, 11:53 AM #4iMore Elite
- 2,159 Posts
Re: How do I avoid having a call show on the locked screen of my Iphone6?
I believe that those settings will only prevent Notifications (Missed Calls, etc) from showing on the Lock Screen, not the actual calls.
I think the only way to prevent the actual call from showing on the lock screen would be to use Do Not Disturb. If using this, you would need to make sure that the "Allow Calls From" feature is set correctly for your situation. Not however, that it will not vibrate either in Do Not Disturb mode.
I do not believe that there's a way for the OP to do what he wants.
- 11-08-2015, 09:40 PM #5
- 11-09-2015, 07:53 AM #6
- By iMore Question in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 3Last Post: 11-14-2015, 01:43 AM
- By bones467 in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 13Last Post: 11-12-2015, 10:26 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-08-2015, 09:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2015, 08:55 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2015, 08:53 AM