- iMore Intermediate
- 103 Posts
Restore to a previous backup?
I lost some imessages and am going to see if I can restore to a previous date because I need them back. If I restore to the last date of 10/24 will it remove anything I added for apps or pictures I took past that date? Also how do I set it to backup more often?
- 11-06-2015, 03:35 PM #2
Re: Restore to a previous backup?
How are you backing up? iTunes or iCloud?
If you use iCloud it should back up each night as long as it's on wifi. And unfortunately if you restore to 10/24 everything after that is gone. You're going back in time basically. Texts since then will now be gone but you can reinstall apps. Other data may be lost depending on the app.
- 11-06-2015, 03:39 PM #4
- By Purley194 in forum iPad 4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-19-2016, 12:44 PM
- By roystreet in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 11-11-2015, 05:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2015, 03:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2015, 02:29 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2015, 11:13 AM