Restore to a previous backup?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I lost some imessages and am going to see if I can restore to a previous date because I need them back. If I restore to the last date of 10/24 will it remove anything I added for apps or pictures I took past that date? Also how do I set it to backup more often?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How are you backing up? iTunes or iCloud?

If you use iCloud it should back up each night as long as it's on wifi. And unfortunately if you restore to 10/24 everything after that is gone. You're going back in time basically. Texts since then will now be gone but you can reinstall apps. Other data may be lost depending on the app.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
How are you backing up? iTunes or iCloud?

If you use iCloud it should back up each night as long as it's on wifi. And unfortunately if you restore to 10/24 everything after that is gone. You're going back in time basically. Texts since then will now be gone but you can reinstall apps. Other data may be lost depending on the app.

Crap I don't use wi fi alot. I guess I'll have to just leave it alone. I lost a ton of messages I need to have. Guess it will just be honesty when I get questioned where they went.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods