Has anyone had this happen to them at a Apple Store?

ararso

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Okay so I brought my phone into the apple store because my screen was cracked (I don't believe in apple care) so I went and asked the lady how much is it to fix the screen and she told me $179 CDN so I walked away. I came back about 3 days later spoke to another Apple employee and he told me since they're repair machine wasn't compatible with iOS 9 (Don't know what that has to do with my screen) he would replace my entire device (thank the lord) for only $139 does anyone else have any weird stories like that?

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps their standard course of action is to replace the screen using their machine, but if it (the machine) is broken, they revert to plan B, which is to replace the phone with a refurb model. I can't explain the iOS9 remark. Maybe she was having a bad day...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My question is "when they replaced the whole device for $139, did you run out without looking back?"...That's what I would have done....LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I brought my phone into the apple store because my screen was cracked (I don't believe in apple care) so I went and asked the lady how much is it to fix the screen and she told me $179 CDN so I walked away. I came back about 3 days later spoke to another Apple employee and he told me since they're repair machine wasn't compatible with iOS 9 (Don't know what that has to do with my screen) he would replace my entire device (thank the lord) for only $139 does anyone else have any weird stories like that?

No, I do not, but it's good to know you were able to get your device replace for $139. Still, if you had Apple Care Plus, you could saved an additional $40.