Why does my iPhone 6 go black when selecting an app?

I

iMore Question

Iphone 6 goes black when selecting an app

I note that after the most recent update to IOS 9 my iphone screen will black out when I select an app like CNBC . Does anyone have a good solution other than resetting the phone by holding down the power and home buttons?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6 goes black when selecting an app

Check with the developer of apps that do this - see if they have updates coming out soon for iOS9 compatibility.

Badger5098

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm afraid I didn't phrase the question well. It's more than just a single app that causes the screen to go black, it's almost all the apps I try. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are third party or Apple's (eg, calendar). It is resolved when I click out using the home button and then go back in which successfully opens the app. Frustrating since everything worked as advertised before the IOS 9 fixes.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm afraid I didn't phrase the question well. It's more than just a single app that causes the screen to go black, it's almost all the apps I try. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are third party or Apple's (eg, calendar). It is resolved when I click out using the home button and then go back in which successfully opens the app. Frustrating since everything worked as advertised before the IOS 9 fixes.
Thank you for the updated info, I would recommend placing your phone into DFU Mode ( Default Firmware Update ) and install - restore like new factory settings since that much of san issue. This likely would take care of your multiple problems...
How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore
Good luck from there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2