300 foot fall

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
So there i was. Standing on the balcony of one of my current projects, 30 stories up on Miami Beach. With both forearms on the railing and the phone in my hand, my arm gets hit hard from behind. A person who does not know where the leading edge of material actually is has stepped onto the balcony. I watch, In horror, as my phone spirals out of control. Spinning end over end and spiraling as it picks up speed, I wonder, Does anyone see this passing their windows. After what seem like an eternity i can see from my vantage point that a sudden stop is rapidly approaching. At times like this I wish I had a camera or Smartphone with times shift because the impact was EPIC!!! More pieces than i could manage to collect. I collected what I could and made the trek to my local AT&T store. I asked if this kind of defect was covered by my 1 year warranty. Obviously this is a defect which can't be unique to just my phone. I offered to prove my point if AT&T would provide a loaner for the test. The disappointment and frustration I have experienced from this incident has left me questioning my loyalty towards an obviously inadequate piece of technology.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The disappointment and frustration I have experienced from this incident has left me questioning my loyalty towards an obviously inadequate piece of technology.
Sarcasm?? Warranties don't cover stuff like that... AppleCare and/or 3rd party insurance does.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

26acca2f7b6930941b33fb64d1f0515a.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
So there i was. Standing on the balcony of one of my current projects, 30 stories up on Miami Beach. With both forearms on the railing and the phone in my hand, my arm gets hit hard from behind. A person who does not know where the leading edge of material actually is has stepped onto the balcony. I watch, In horror, as my phone spirals out of control. Spinning end over end and spiraling as it picks up speed, I wonder, Does anyone see this passing their windows. After what seem like an eternity i can see from my vantage point that a sudden stop is rapidly approaching. At times like this I wish I had a camera or Smartphone with times shift because the impact was EPIC!!! More pieces than i could manage to collect. I collected what I could and made the trek to my local AT&T store. I asked if this kind of defect was covered by my 1 year warranty. Obviously this is a defect which can't be unique to just my phone. I offered to prove my point if AT&T would provide a loaner for the test. The disappointment and frustration I have experienced from this incident has left me questioning my loyalty towards an obviously inadequate piece of technology.

Excellent post.

Gold Max

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
OH SH*T... I'm so sorry... I know how it feels... I was on the hot air balloon and someone else kinda pushed me from the back that I drop my phone above the sky... I couldn't even find my phone...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2