- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Incorrectly edited master.passwd, now stuck in boot loop, iphone 6, jailbroken ios 8.x
I have an iphone 6 ios 8.x (i think 8.1.2).
This morning i wanted to ssh but forgot my root password.
Came across a link showing how to edit master.passwd but i edited the entire "root:" line and instead of replacing with "root:/smx7MYTQIi2M:0:0::0:0:System Administrator:/var/root:/bin/sh" i replaced with "root:/smx7MYTQIi2M"
And now my phone is stuck in a bootloop. Is there anything i can do to fix this without having to update the ios and lose everything?
- 10-01-2015, 07:02 AM #2
- 10-01-2015, 08:20 AM #3
- By maverick786us in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 32Last Post: 05-28-2016, 09:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-01-2015, 10:54 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-01-2015, 04:12 AM
- By angelraphael in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2015, 02:01 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2015, 01:54 AM