Does Your iPhone 6's Front Camera Look Like This

Turbulance

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1443348221.548025.jpg

I have had this problem for about 9 months (maybe longer). It never appeared to degrade the images taken with the camera (I'm not a looker anyway). When I was in the local Apple Store 6 months ago, I looked at a display iPhone 6 and was surprised to see that it also had the same problem.

Checking online I found others reporting this issue.

In the end, before my warranty ran out, I took it in and was immediately given a replacement phone. I strongly suggest others do the same they lose their warranty coverage.

My new phone's camera looks very different, almost identical to my iPad Air 2.

Apple should be acknowledging what is an obvious design flaw or manufacturing fault, so that effected owners can get replacements after warranties experience.

Turbulance

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Warcraft, do you have a link for that? Might be good to spread it around the Twitters.

I see an post on Reddit that's over 7 months old and describes this problem exactly but no comment that Apple has acknowledged it.

And a article on MacRoumors that Apple has acknowledged a problem with the iSight camera but nothing so far about the FaceTime camera of the kind I had. Also this only applies to the 6 plus as far as I can tell

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/21/isight-camera-replacement-program-iphone-6-plus/

Last edited:

Turbulance

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
So my original point stands. If you have this problem, get it fixed before your warranty runs out or else you'll be at the mercy of the Genius Bar staffs' kind graces.

Also I got a new one. No questions asked. Now I'm getting my shiny new 6s, I'll be interested in what trade in I might get. Otherwise it's going on eBay or GumTree.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2