Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default why is my i-phone 6 frozen will not slide to open and wont turn off

i cant get into my phone to make a phone call or read any messages also it wont let me slide to open and wont let me slide to turn i-phone 6 off
    iMore Genius

Default Re: why is my i-phone 6 frozen will not slide to open and wont turn off

Press/hold bothe the home and power button until you see the Apple logo then let go of the buttons...
    alemigue26 and macco0927 like this.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Why is my iPhone 6 frozen will not slide to open and won't turn off?

Thank you, I was having the same problem and this worked!
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Why is my iPhone 6 frozen will not slide to open and won't turn off?

Holding the home button and power button down until the apple icon appeared worked. Thanks
    iMore Nanite

thank you, as that worked for me as well!
    iMore Nanite

I had the same problem, and this solved it. Thank you!
    iMore Nanite

mine did the same had to hold buttons down a long time but it did work Thank You
    iMore Nanite

Started having this problem yesterday. Can do a hard reboot as suggested, and it will work for awhile, but then the same problem. I have not updated to IOS 9. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by nettalittle View Post
    Started having this problem yesterday. Can do a hard reboot as suggested, and it will work for awhile, but then the same problem. I have not updated to IOS 9. Any suggestions?
    Yes, upgrade to the latest iOS version (9.2).
    iMore Nanite

I have purchased my iPhone 6s just before 2 days and i could not change slides as well not able to insert apps on same folder & & & this trick works so well on this issue and it works so well...
    Thanx alot for this easy tricky....
    iMore Nanite

Thank you. I had the same problem just now and it really worked.
    iMore Nanite

Thank you, worked for me as well.. power turned off, then restarted, and the slide worked again.
    jadarch
    iMore Nanite

Worked for me too- thanking you
    iMore Nanite

My iPhone 6 is frozen. was trying to download the latest software, which did not happen on a/c of errors.