Lock screen stays up

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I will be using my phone and lately it seems even if I stop doing stuff and it goes to the lock screen. It will not disappear and go to a blank screen. I have to click the button on the side to get it to close out. Why is it doing that? I've tried clicking button on side to make it go away but shouldn't it automatically go off the lock screen without me having to push any buttons?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Lowest you can go is 1 minute, which is where I have it set.

So it stays on longer than 1 minute? If so, try a hard reset first.
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Lowest mine goes is also 1 minute. Do you have a work-related security certificate installed that provides the 30second option?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Lowest mine goes is also 1 minute. Do you have a work-related security certificate installed that provides the 30second option?

I don't have any security certificate. I'm retired.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442753901.858940.jpg

I didn't know it offered 30 seconds until I read this thread and checked.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I saw the screen shot the first time it was posted.

Is that 30 second option new? I don't recall seeing it there on prior versions of iOS. I had set it to 1 minute years ago on my iPhone 5 and hadn't touched it since.

This shot was mine though. I have no idea when it started. Last I had looked 1 minute was the low. But I haven't looked in a while.?