My iPhone 6 iOS 9 says its not backing up to iCloud but it is, why is it saying that the backup can not be completed?

nora1963

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Iphone 6 IOS 9 says its not backing up to Icloud but it is

Iphone 6 IOS says its not backing up to Icloud but it is

I downloaded IOS9 and when I go to back up to Icloud, it says " The last backup could not be completed"
Last back up was yesterday at 7:50pm

I just went into notes and added a Test 9/18 note and then backed up. When I went into Icloud, the test 9/18 note is there.

Why is it saying the back up could not be completed?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6 IOS 9 says its not backing up to Icloud but it is

Iphone 6 IOS says its not backing up to Icloud but it is

I downloaded IOS9 and when I go to back up to Icloud, it says " The last backup could not be completed"
Last back up was yesterday at 7:50pm

I just went into notes and added a Test 9/18 note and then backed up. When I went into Icloud, the test 9/18 note is there.

Why is it saying the back up could not be completed?

Give it time. It's the servers. Your last back up is safe. Try a back up late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Just keep trying. I had the same issue yesterday. I backed up ok this morning. Be patient. :)

AppleCanSuck

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Patient...you're kidding me right? That is your Apple Ambassador response to this issue. Come'on buddy there's more to it than that, it's been doing this for days now. :crying:

Has nothing to do with any servers updating, it's a bug. I've tested and the backups are working (add a dummy contact and verify it's existence in your iCloud contacts as a test), however the iPhone will show that the backup was not completed and then show the last back up you did before the bug was introduced. Look for another update from Apple to overcome yet more "SH&T" programming by the Genius Bar. LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner