Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Question Using Google Voice Phone number with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus

I just went from an Android phone to an iPhone 6. On my Android I was able to configure it such that when I call anyone from the native dial-pad it will ask me if I want to "Use Google Number" or my "Phone number (SIM based)" to make the call. I exclusively use my Google Number for most contacts.

The issue with iPhone 6 is that I have to dial from within Google Hangouts App (which only uses data for the call) or via Google Voice App. I can't seem to find a way to return calls from the iPhone interface / native dial pad - for example from the "Recent folder". So unless the number that called me is saved as my contacts I can't even access the number. I have to write down the missed call from the "Recents" list and dial in back in manually from Google Hangout App.

If anyone has a workaround for this I am very interested. I've searched the interwebs and this forum and have not found anything conclusive or a workaround on this topic.

Default Re: Using Google Voice Phone number with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus

I haven't used Google Voice in a long time so I'm not familiar with how it is now. Hopefully, someone who still uses it with his or her iPhone will respond soon...