How is Ebook Reading on an iPhone 6?

cderrick14

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I am very torn between the 4.7" and 5.5" version of the new iPhones. One of the key reasons I want to get a new phone is so that I can replace my iPad and 5s with just one device.
I am curious, how have people found reading books on their 6 for the last year? It is something I do every day, and is really the only thing I do on my $800 iPad which is kind of crazy.
Is the screen big enough to read a book comfortably?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Although the screen is crisp on the 4.7" iPhone 6, I find reading books on there to be awkward for long periods of time. I do use my iPhone 6 to read scripts for work though and it isn't a problem. However, because I do read a lot on my device, I will be upgrading to the 6S Plus next time.

This is just my opinion, of course. Your mileage may vary.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
For books with lots of images or multi-indented text, the phone can be awkward but for most reading the flexible font sizes, styles and other reading options make it a great way to read.

cderrick14

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your responses. I was able to go to the Apple store and play around with both sizes today. I must say, I am more unsure than before of what I prefer between the two phones! iBooks on the 6 wasn't too bad, but it looked great on the 6+... Kinda leaning in the 6+ direction...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I read on my 6 perfectly fine. The plus screen was very nice, but lugging that surfboard around everywhere got to be a pain in the rear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner