Why won't my iPhone 6 restore, red screen and continuous apple logo, wouldn't stay in recovery mode?

I

iMore Question

iphone 6 wont restore, red screen and continuous apple logo, wouldnt stay in recovery mode.

i needed to clear up some space on my iphone. i wanted to delete photos and videos from recently deleted pictures by changing the date manually on the iphone. i did n set it to 1975. after that my applications wouldnt connect to the internet, google wudnt search facebook wudnt connect but the wifi was connected. but no application would connect to the internet. so i tried restarting my phone, and then it got stuck on apple logo. after a while a red screen would come, and then the apple logo again. so i tried putting it in the recovery mode. the itunes say that there is some problem detected and the iphone must be updated or restored. i click ok. and wait for the software to extract. once itunes extracts software, my iphone has an apple logo and a loading line below it. it loads and loads. and as soon as it gets close to the end (doesnt complte) , my iphone disconnects from itunes and my iphone is back on the never ending apple logo. i really need help asap. if you could help me with the restore. and also if there is any way to recover my data in the iphone ? and just so you know, my iphone was jailbroken.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 6 wont restore, red screen and continuous apple logo, wouldnt stay in recovery mode.

Put the device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, and make sure the computer is connected to the Internet. Also make sure the computer is running the latest version of iTunes. Anyway, when iTunes detects the device in recovery, select to restore and update it.

Abdul Nabeel

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: iphone 6 wont restore, red screen and continuous apple logo, wouldnt stay in recovery mode.

i did that. its the same, it would extract software. then my phone turns on with apple logo and loading bar. then as it gets close to the end, my iphone restarts, disconnects from my laptop and gets stuck on the apple logo