Volume limit fixed on speaker, not headset. How can I get it fixed on my headset?

I

iMore Question

Volume limit fixed on speaker, not headset

On my iPhone 6 running iOS 9 beta 4 the loud speaker seems to be unaffected by changes made to the volume limiter, but the same does happen when I use a headset.

When I change the level of the volume limiter while using a headset, the volume limit is applied correctly (both by changing the volume and the max of the volume slider in the Music app). When I change it while using the loud speaker nothing happens. The volume slider is completely unaffected just like the level of the sound. I've tried restarting the Music app between changes to the volume limiter, with no results.

I first noticed the problem as the speaker level (both music, ringtone and alarm) had seemed to drop below its normal level to about 40%. This was before my upgrade from iOS 8.3 to 8.4 and later to 9.0 beta 3/4.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Simon Ribergaard

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Well, I've tried and that did nothing. I've also tried to install a replacement speaker with no effect, which leads me to think that this can only be a software problem on some level. I've also tried making a clean 'new phone' reset to 8.4.1 with no effect.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Volume limit fixed on speaker, not headset. How can I get it fixed on my head...

Volume limit is only applied to headphones. And quite frankly, that makes sense.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440677089.509395.jpg

Simon Ribergaard

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Volume limit fixed on speaker, not headset. How can I get it fixed on my head...

Thanks! The button for the EU volume limit and the comment beneath isnt present on my phone, so I wasn't aware.

Thanks alot!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Volume limit fixed on speaker, not headset. How can I get it fixed on my head...

I'm in Europe, hence the EU limit.
It's an European law, which makes it mandatory to put in a volume limiter to do hearing damage control.

 just chose to make it an option.

And obviously they have different settings per region to comply to local law requirements.

Simon Ribergaard

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Volume limit fixed on speaker, not headset. How can I get it fixed on my head...

I'm in Denmark, and though I bought the phone in USA the region is set to Denmark when doing a clean install, and still I dont see that button :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711