Facebook App

enb123

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes - standby time is ridiculously good especially. The whole experience is very smooth. That's probably the only reason I even noticed that Facebook's browser was sluggish - nothing else is!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Something has to be at the top! What difference does it make what it is? It shows what you use most. If you use something enough, it's going to use battery, including Safari!

Yes we all know something has to be at the top. That's not my primary. It's that the FB app jumps to the top after minimal use in comparison to other apps. That's just my experience though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes we all know something has to be at the top. That's not my primary. It's that the FB app jumps to the top after minimal use in comparison to other apps. That's just my experience though...

Did you try turning off location services and background app refresh for Facebook? Also, turning off Auto Video Play in the Facebook Settings helps a lot.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you try turning off location services and background app refresh for Facebook? Also, turning off Auto Video Play in the Facebook Settings helps a lot.

All that stuff is off. FB has been a notoriously naughty app on both iOS and Android. Nothing new to see there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All that stuff is off. FB has been a notoriously naughty app on both iOS and Android. Nothing new to see there.

If it's at the top, you might look at how much time you spend on Facebook. I spend about 10 to 15 minutes per day there, but it never comes close to the top.

maurinho217

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Try the paper app, it is made by the same guys that did the Facebook app, but this time they got it right.

I usually just use the Facebook to read some articles and to be remembered about birthdays, so it works like a charm.
it is waaaay better.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've switched to bookmarklets as well. Facebook is out of control in regards to idle times regardless if you uncheck notifications

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wildphoenix24

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Try the paper app, it is made by the same guys that did the Facebook app, but this time they got it right.

I usually just use the Facebook to read some articles and to be remembered about birthdays, so it works like a charm.
it is waaaay better.

I want to second the love for Paper. It's faster, cleaner and i like being able to have my tech news and my facebook separate.

My only complaint is that if someone sends me a video via message I can't view it on Paper and would have to use the browser to see the video. Other than that, it's a great app.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I want to second the love for Paper. It's faster, cleaner and i like being able to have my tech news and my facebook separate.

My only complaint is that if someone sends me a video via message I can't view it on Paper and would have to use the browser to see the video. Other than that, it's a great app.

I've tried Paper and it's really cool. Just don't care for the fact that I can't just see my Facebook feed by most recent.