Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theKHMERboy
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Expert

783 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

Default Duplicating playlists

I recently noticed an odd issue, not exactly sure when it started, but I think it was with updating to 8.4, though it may have been updating iTunes from 11.x to 12.x, as I did both at roughly the same time.

I have a set of playlists that I sync to my iPhone 6 via iTunes tethering. One of them duplicates and triplicates itself. For organizational purposes, this playlist is contained in a folder with other related playlists, and is manually managed. Also of note, when I use this playlist, I do so by using the "Add To Up Next" command so that when it's over, my regular playlist picks up where it left off.

When it duplicates, it is duplicating as a top-level playlist, and the duplicate's content is different. The ordering within is different and it usually is missing a few tracks. Last night, I noticed that I had two dupes, each with a different number of tracks each in a different order, neither of which matched the original playlist.
    iMore Elite

2,487 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts

Default Re: Duplicating playlists

I have doubles of every playlist as well. It's pretty annoying. iTunes also duplicated all of my purchased music so on my Mac I know have 2 copies of all the music I bought. I deleted those, so hopefully they don't come back.
    iMore Intermediate

414 Posts
    Global Posts
    896 Global Posts

Default Re: Duplicating playlists

yes this happens to me to with one playlist of mines everytime i edit and sync my phone for update. always have to delete it. its weird but guess i am not the only one this happens to
    unmistakable likes this.