Dad's iPhone 6 alarm keeps going off, but he's not home to turn it off! How can I stop this from happening?

I

iMore Question

Dad's iPhone 6 alarm keeps going off, but he's not home to turn it off!!

My dad left for a few hours for work and left his iPhone at home (which he does all the time because he has a phone where he works.) Unfortunatly, he set an alarm before he left and just pressed snooze and went out on his way. Meanwhile, I am here alone. My dad's phone is two flights of stairs over me (it echos for some reason) which means that every 10 minutes, I have to walk all the way upstairs to turn it off. This is an inconvienience because I have a lot of things to do. I tried turning the ringer off and turning the volume to mute but it just keeps going off. I have no idea what his password is!! It's so hard to focus!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME I'M GOING INSANE!!!!!!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dad's iPhone 6 alarm keeps going off, but he's not home to turn it off!!

All you have to do is swipe to turn off. If you just tap it, it only snoozes. If you think we are going to help you hack into your dad's iPhone, that's not going to happen. Call your dad at work and let him know that his iPhone's alarm keeps sounding. I'm sure he'll instruct you on what to do.

cherrystarluv

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Dad's iPhone 6 alarm keeps going off, but he's not home to turn it off!!

I usually try to leave it on because I, myself, do not have my own cell phone, nor do we have a landline so it's the only way my dad can reach me if something goes wrong. This means that since I'm locked out of his phone, I can't reach him in order to ask him for a phone password because I can only call him during emergencies. The only way I can reach him if I reeeeally need to is if I walk all the way up the hill to my neighbor's house in the rain and I'm just not up for that, today. I'm not asking you to hack into his phone I just need a solution to be able to silence the alarm.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I usually try to leave it on because I, myself, do not have my own cell phone, nor do we have a landline so it's the only way my dad can reach me if something goes wrong. This means that since I'm locked out of his phone, I can't reach him in order to ask him for a phone password because I can only call him during emergencies. The only way I can reach him if I reeeeally need to is if I walk all the way up the hill to my neighbor's house in the rain and I'm just not up for that, today. I'm not asking you to hack into his phone I just need a solution to be able to silence the alarm.

As stated in my previous reply, when the alarm sounds, swipe to the right on the lock screen to disable the alarm. If you 'tap' the screen, it'll only cause the alarm to go into snooze mode.

James See

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

All you have to do is swipe to turn off. If you just tap it, it only snoozes. If you think we are going to help you hack into your dad's iPhone, that's not going to happen. Call your dad at work and let him know that his iPhone's alarm keeps sounding. I'm sure he'll instruct you on what to do.

Yeah call your dad and he will instruct you on what to do.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

lol this is the most pathetic attempt I've ever seen here with someone trying to get into a password protected phone.

You guys outdo yourselves each and every time.

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

My dad left for a few hours for work and left his iPhone at home (which he does all the time because he has a phone where he works.) Unfortunatly, he set an alarm before he left and just pressed snooze and went out on his way. Meanwhile, I am here alone. My dad's phone is two flights of stairs over me (it echos for some reason) which means that every 10 minutes, I have to walk all the way upstairs to turn it off. This is an inconvienience because I have a lot of things to do. I tried turning the ringer off and turning the volume to mute but it just keeps going off. I have no idea what his password is!! It's so hard to focus!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME I'M GOING INSANE!!!!!!!!

Try hitting it with a hammer. That should fix it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Or instead of going upstairs all the time, take the phone with you and slide to the right on the lock screen to disable the alarm. Repeat each time till there is no alarm set anymore..

An iPhone is a mobile device. It means you can carry it around with you. I just don't get why you run upstairs all the time instead of bringing it downstairs with you.

Or.. You can put it in a box with a lid and put that box in a desk or something. Make it soundproof.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Lol... People have some fertile brains nowadays. To get someone help to by pass a lock screen, they can invent awesome stories lol.
While alarm is going on, swipe to from left to right and the alarm will shut off :) it's that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Dad's iPhone 6 alarm keeps going off, but he's not home to turn it off! How c...

Try 1234... Or the year you're father was born.. Or from one of your siblings. 2580 is a good possibility as well.
You can even [redacted] your father and force him to tell his password as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Your dad has not come home yet? It's been 2 days now. Wow. You may have bigger problems than an iPhone alarm ringing every 10 minutes. :straight-face:

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Dad's iPhone 6 alarm keeps going off, but he's not home to turn it off! How c...

Hold power button. When 'Slide to turn off' appears, slide to turn off.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW