Who's planning on upgrading to the iPhone 6S?

Michael Brownlee

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
My 5c hasn't lasted like my 4 did. Whether or not I upgrade depends more on ios9. iOS 8 has so many issues that just get ignored. Specifically "wifried". My data usage skyrocketed. If they can tighten all the loose ends I will. If not I may try windows phone. I have no delusions it's better but it's different. I'm so invested in the iOS/Mac/apps/Apple TV/media ecosystem though.....

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My 5c hasn't lasted like my 4 did. Whether or not I upgrade depends more on ios9. iOS 8 has so many issues that just get ignored. Specifically "wifried". My data usage skyrocketed. If they can tighten all the loose ends I will. If not I may try windows phone. I have no delusions it's better but it's different. I'm so invested in the iOS/Mac/apps/Apple TV/media ecosystem though.....

iOS 9 was supposed to be more of a bug fix and refinement version of iOS, so let's hope they get rid of the bugs we're having.

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Unless the new Lumia 940/950 really impresses me, I'll be coming back to iOS with the 6s. The browser and lack of key apps has me really looking at switching plus iOS handles my Outlook e-mail accounts just as well as Windows Phone. Verizon may not even get the new Lumias, which would pretty much make the decision for me.

Vyenkatesh

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm considering getting one. I've been with Windows Phone since November 2012 and am seriously and heavily leaning toward switching back to iPhone.

Hi Metalchick719,

I am also using Windows Phone since 2.5 years and almost inclined towards iPhone since few months.
Awaiting for Windows 10 but I doubt if it has enough strong points to hold me back.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
In October I qualify for zero down with T-Mobile. I'll be using this to upgrade to the new iPhone. Still hoping for a 6c but I'll get the 6s if not...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of upgrading to a 6S Plus.

If I don't, I should stick with the 6.

Apple tends to always get me.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

enb123

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I am, but only by the good graces of T-Mobile and their most recent iPhone Jump-on-Demand promotion. I just got an iPhone 6 after years and years on Android and am loving it so far. Honestly, I'd hold onto this phone until at least the 7 came out but for the fact that they'll allow me to switch over. After that, I'm "jumping off" the Jump on Demand program and paying off the phone, though, so I'll probably hold onto the 6S until the 7S or 8, assuming Apple keeps releasing phones on that schedule.

BTW, I sort of wish I'd tried an iPhone a lot sooner. It's really smooth and a lot of fun. I guess it's just a really well-kept secret, especially here in the US! :rolleyes:

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I am, but only by the good graces of T-Mobile and their most recent iPhone Jump-on-Demand promotion. I just got an iPhone 6 after years and years on Android and am loving it so far. Honestly, I'd hold onto this phone until at least the 7 came out but for the fact that they'll allow me to switch over. After that, I'm "jumping off" the Jump on Demand program and paying off the phone, though, so I'll probably hold onto the 6S until the 7S or 8, assuming Apple keeps releasing phones on that schedule.

BTW, I sort of wish I'd tried an iPhone a lot sooner. It's really smooth and a lot of fun. I guess it's just a really well-kept secret, especially here in the US! :rolleyes:

Congratulations on getting an iPhone. And yes, they are "smooth" and awesome. :cool:

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the main reasons I am switching back as well. I've kept my 6 plus while mostly using the Note 4, S6, G4, and Nexus 6 the last several months but had not really used it until the iOS 9 beta was released. Really forgot how much I enjoyed iOS and it is even better now with iOS 9. iMessage is the thing I missed the most and you don't really realize how bad messaging is on Android until you come back and use it. Hangouts is definitely on the right track and is as good as, if not more powerful than iMessage, however with even more people adopting Android Hangouts has failed to gain any traction. Most people just use Samsung's junk message app or whatever the stock one is on the device they purchased. Email is another sore point on Android for me. Obviously it is fine for gmail, but the iOS email app is far superior to any solution Android has for email accounts other than Gmail.

Another small (or maybe not) reason I am jumping back to iOS is to talk myself into getting an Apple Watch :) Liked my Moto 360 but Android Wear is really not user friendly at all in my opinion. Played with the Apple Watch a few times at the Apple store and if I can overcome my fear of the severe tail kicking my wife will give me for purchasing it I will have one in my possession soon.

Agree with a lot of what you are saying. I have become a bit more frustrated with updating and android fragmentation. Android screwed up by letting the carriers add bloatware which in turn allows the carriers to control the pace of updates.

I bought an unlocked iPhone 6+ last September as I always said I would come back to iPhone once they increased the screen size to my preference. I still have several androids and they are my daily driver more often than my iphone, but I still enjoy keeping up with apple. My son has reached the age for a phone and I offered him a choice of 4 unlocked android phones and he said he wanted a iPhone! I wanted to get him a 6 but he wanted a 5S...

I must admit the iMessage thing is a big draw for small video clips, messaging etc. I still like my S6 Active too much to give it up as my daily driver and doubt that I will upgrade my 6+ until the iPhone 7 hits.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You know you want to upgrade! ;)

That's the thing. But I did get an Apple Watch, and I do plan to upgrade from an iPad Air to an iPad Mini 4 if it has 2 GB of RAM.

So if I decide to get the huge iPhone, upgrade. If not, then not. Although I do miss the small iPhone too... could start using my old 5s, too!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna skip the newest model this year since I got the Apple watch. Plus I plan on keeping my 6 as a back up :)

Sent from my Space-G iPhone

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm gonna skip the newest model this year since I got the Apple watch. Plus I plan on keeping my 6 as a back up :)

Sent from my Space-G iPhone

You bring up an interesting point. I wonder how many people that normally upgrade every year will forgo this year because they bought the 6/6 Plus and Apple Watch combo.

lgdlman

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Thinking I may just jump on a iPhone 6, coming from S5. I still have a 4s that I've kept up and LOVED the quick access of the new widgets from a single screen vs widgets in my S5. I also like that my photos are all accessible across the platform and Apple wallet.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll definitely be upgrading! I luck out, I have 3 upgrades on my plan that I can pull from (including mine). I mixed it up this past year and tried a white/silver iPhone. It's different, but I'm definitely going back to black (and moving up to 128 GB so I have a nice iPod when I'm done with the phone) with my next purchase

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro