Why can't I get photos off of my phone?

Lauren Belen

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Can't get photos off phone

I use iphoto to store my iphone pics. When I plug my phone into my mac, iphoto automatically opens, and says there are 33 pics to upload. However, I have 547 photos and 43 videos on my phone. I do not have "Hide photos already imported" selected on my phone (plus none of these photos are already on my computer). I tried using Image Capture instead, but it also says there are only 33 photos to upload. Storage on my phone is full and I can't take any more photos or videos until I get these off my phone. Can someone help me?

Lauren Belen

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't get photos off phone

I tried dropbox and it also said there were only 33 photos to upload. Is there some setting on my photos that makes them not visible to other programs?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can't get photos off phone

I use iphoto to store my iphone pics. When I plug my phone into my mac, iphoto automatically opens, and says there are 33 pics to upload. However, I have 547 photos and 43 videos on my phone. I do not have "Hide photos already imported" selected on my phone (plus none of these photos are already on my computer). I tried using Image Capture instead, but it also says there are only 33 photos to upload. Storage on my phone is full and I can't take any more photos or videos until I get these off my phone. Can someone help me?

Is Photostream enabled on your device? If so, the pics and video may not necessarily be on the device, but are only displaying what is synced between devices. An iTunes sync 'should' provide an accurate count of how many are actually on the device, in my opinion.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Do you have iCloud photo library setup for your photos? If so, is the "optimize storage on this device" box checked? Or is the "keep originals on this device" box checked?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks "knotsure" and ""just_me_d". I am using iCloud to download all the pics to my comp. Thanks!

You haven't answered our questions. Also, when you stated, "I am using iCloud to download all the pics to my comp", were you stating that the problem is resolved?

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks "knotsure" and ""just_me_d". I am using iCloud to download all the pics to my comp. Thanks!
when you day storage is almost full .. are you talking about icloud storage maybe and not actual phone storage ?

if you go to settings then general and about you can see how much phone space you have ...

if you go to settings then icloud you can check how much icloud storage you have. ..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods