My iPhone 6 is stuck in recovery mode!!! How can I get it out of this?

I

iMore Question

Iphone6 stuck in recovery mode!!!

I got a iphone6 that was jailbroken (unlocked from carrier) it was brand new, brought it home, put my card in, everything seemed fine, battery was low so plugged it in, then boom shuts down and wont turn back on, charged it over night just in case, i plug it into my itunes now, and it says iphone is in recovery mode and i need to reset it, so i pressed start recovery, the screen remained black for major of the process, then apple logo comes on with a line that looks like its uploading, at the end of the process iphone goes back to black screen and itunes repeats the same message that iphone is in recovery mode! Seems like its stuck in dfu recovery mode, tried dowloading tinyumbrella but doesnt help ! How do i fix this im going crazyyyyy!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Iphone6 stuck in recovery mode!!!

Take it to an Apple store? This is why I don't jailbreak my devices; it creates too much aggravation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Jailbreak is way overrated. Too many added unnecessary issues. Why I don't do it either. Someone should be along soon that maybe can help.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

The screen shouldn't stay black during the ipsw installation. That suggest the iPhone is not actually in DFU mode, in fact the iPhone can not by it self enter DFU mode, you will have to MANUALY activate DFU mode. Once it will be in DFU mode, iTunes will detect it and factory restore it, before installation bargains, the device need to boot up and you will see the installation progressing bar, if you don't see it then installation will fail again at the end. Manually put the iPhone in DFU mode while having your iPhone connect to your computer with iTunes up running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I got a iphone6 that was jailbroken (unlocked from carrier) it was brand new,
A brand new iPhone does not come with a jailbreak.
brought it home, put my card in, everything seemed fine, battery was low so plugged it in, then boom shuts down and wont turn back on, charged it over night just in case, i plug it into my itunes now, and it says iphone is in recovery mode and i need to reset it, so i pressed start recovery,
Did you press 'start recovery' or 'restore'?
the screen remained black for major of the process, then apple logo comes on with a line that looks like its uploading, at the end of the process iphone goes back to black screen and itunes repeats the same message that iphone is in recovery mode! Seems like its stuck in dfu recovery mode, tried dowloading tinyumbrella but doesnt help ! How do i fix this im going crazyyyyy!
You're leaving out other details, in my opinion. As already been stated, the iPhone will not enter DFU mode by itself. My guess is the phone was jailbroken and you selected to 'erase all contents and settings' or you're trying to bypass the iCloud activation lock. If not the latter, then several tries of putting the device DFU mode and restoring via iTunes will eventually be successful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox