Anyone else...

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
annoyed that certain apps haven't been updated for the iPhone 6 and 6+ screens like the Starbucks app? It's been over a year since release seems like most of the major apps at least should be updated. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
annoyed that certain apps haven't been updated for the iPhone 6 and 6+ screens like the Starbucks app? It's been over a year since release seems like most of the major apps at least should be updated. Just my thoughts.

According to the App Store, it is still optimized for the iPhone 5/5S.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It annoys me kind of, depending on the app. If it is an indie developer, it doesn't, but if it's a large company, it irritates me.

Just curious here, but is the iMore forums app updated for the 6/6+?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It annoys me kind of, depending on the app. If it is an indie developer, it doesn't, but if it's a large company, it irritates me.

Just curious here, but is the iMore forums app updated for the 6/6+?

Same here if it's an indie dev I understand but a large company like Starbucks I mean come on get your ish together. Yes the imore app is optimized.

JCott2

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
It seems like some IT departments seemingly have no need to focus all the resources on re-engineering the app - it's better to spend the time and resources familiarizing yourself with the upcoming OS. That way they can position their app ahead of your competition when the timing is right. If there is a benefit to capitalize on the new OS update, then that's what will be done .. As for now they're possibly thinking if it's not broke don't fix it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if every app was optimized for every device. However, I don't see that ever happening because of developer resources and priorities. I understand the limitations of time and resources. While it would be nice in a perfect world, we don't live in a perfect world. I am not particularly annoyed by the status quo.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if every app was optimized for every device. However, I don't see that ever happening because of developer resources and priorities. I understand the limitations of time and resources. While it would be nice in a perfect world, we don't live in a perfect world. I am not particularly annoyed by the status quo.

I definitely get that but big companies like Starbucks, UPS, FedEX not being able I to I think that's just being lazy.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I definitely get that but big companies like Starbucks, UPS, FedEX not being able I to I think that's just being lazy.

I get that, but just because big companies have not yet updated their apps doesn't mean that they are "just being lazy". I work for a big company, and we have very limited resources and very full plates when it comes to the backlog of projects and updates. There is always more work than there is time and resources. It's all about priorities, ROI and the bottom line.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I get that, but just because big companies have not yet updated their apps doesn't mean that they are "just being lazy". I work for a big company, and we have very limited resources and very full plates when it comes to the backlog of projects and updates. There is always more work than there is time and resources. It's all about priorities, ROI and the bottom line.

Bingo. This is exactly why a lot of indie developed apps get updated quicker. Updates to their apps are a major priority.

American Express barely updated their app a couple of weeks ago for the 6/6 Plus screen. Tweetbot updated theirs probably within about two weeks of the 6/6 Plus release.

Priorities.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Bingo. This is exactly why a lot of indie developed apps get updated quicker. Updates to their apps are a major priority.

American Express barely updated their app a couple of weeks ago for the 6/6 Plus screen. Tweetbot updated theirs probably within about two weeks of the 6/6 Plus release.

Priorities.

Ok I see that. Indie developers probably have more time for that stuff.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't really notice at all. The apps I use that have not been optimized still look just fine, and the ones that are optimized look even better. I honestly never think about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711