iPhone 6 vs blackberry keyboard (touch screen & predictive text) user experience

olakara

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Currently my primary device is a Blackberry Z10. I am planning to jump onto Apple (iPhone 6 /6s / 7) soon..
But I would really like to know how the iPhone keyboard is! I am not a fan of swipe ( or whatever its called). I use the stock keyboard and would like to know the UX and how good the predictive text is. Most of the iPhone vs Blackberry is crappy ( or just a x vs y thing) .. so I would be happy to hear from previous Blackberry owners.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Before I got my iPhone4 when Verizon launched them, I had a BB Curve... I quickly became accustomed to the iPhone keyboard and it has only gotten better with each iteration of the hardware and software in my opinion.

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I switched to an iPhone 6 two months ago. I was not a big fan of swipe keyboards until I downloaded the Emoji swipe. It's predictive text is superior to the stock keyboard.

Thankfully, the stock keyboard is employed when inputting passwords to apps and websites.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Currently my primary device is a Blackberry Z10. I am planning to jump onto Apple (iPhone 6 /6s / 7) soon..
But I would really like to know how the iPhone keyboard is! I am not a fan of swipe ( or whatever its called). I use the stock keyboard and would like to know the UX and how good the predictive text is. Most of the iPhone vs Blackberry is crappy ( or just a x vs y thing) .. so I would be happy to hear from previous Blackberry owners.

Z10 owner too. Still have it, but mostly use an iPhone now in daily life.

I like the iPhone's keyboard. It's useable - for me anyway. I never used the Z10's "swipe up a word" function much, so it's not that much a change for me. The Z10 probably interpreted my gibberish a bit better, but the iPhone has been pretty good to me too. I don't have the Z10 with me to compare, but I *think* the iPhone 6's keyboard is physically bigger too - which is nice.

I actually prefer to Swipe Type normally, but the third-party keyboards on iOS are still buggy, so I always end up removing them. They do odd things at times, like won't appear when switching back into Messages, etc.

So overall, it basically wasn't that big a difference to me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Former Blackberry Z10 (PlayBook, 8330, 9650, and 9930) owner here, and I actually liked the Z10 Keyboard better, but I got use to the 5s stock keyboard pretty fast, and now with the larger screen on my 6Plus the stock keyboard is even more comfortable. I used the swipe up feature on the Z10's keyboard a lot and enjoyed it very much, but the predictive text on the Apple iPhone stock keyboard is pretty good as well. I made the move from Blackberry to Android and now to Apple. I've had an iPhone device for almost two years now (5s for 20 months, the longest I've had any device), and ...."IT JUST WORKS".... Good Luck with your decision

olakara

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I am a vivid fan of swipe up feature in blackberry.. I use it a lot and this is the main reason to post this question. iPhone 6 Plus is not for me.. my hands are small.. and I really liked the 4.7 screen size.. now the next major question is should I wait for the new phone to release in Sept or go get it?

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
now the next major question is should I wait for the new phone to release in Sept or go get it?

I think the iPhone 6s is supposed to have the new "Force Touch" feature, which would future-proof it a bit better for the UI options that are likely to be added as iOS evolves. Any other improvements would be nice too, but it's the idea that my 6 won't be able to use new UI features that bothers me a bit. So if I were in your position and looking to purchase now, I'd probably wait at this point for the 6s.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the iPhone 6s is supposed to have the new "Force Touch" feature, which would future-proof it a bit better for the UI options that are likely to be added as iOS evolves. Any other improvements would be nice too, but it's the idea that my 6 won't be able to use new UI features that bothers me a bit. So if I were in your position and looking to purchase now, I'd probably wait at this point for the 6s.

I agree with Kate. Since the 6s is supposed to be released at the end of Sept. (approx two months), I think if I had to do it again (I purchased my 6Plus 6/24/15), I would have waited. Don't get me wrong I really like my 6Plus, but the rumored goodies on the 6s Plus look very promising ......SMILE

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 6 vs blackberry keyboard (touch screen & predictive text) user experience

I am a vivid fan of swipe up feature in blackberry.. I use it a lot and this is the main reason to post this question. iPhone 6 Plus is not for me.. my hands are small.. and I really liked the 4.7 screen size.. now the next major question is should I wait for the new phone to release in Sept or go get it?

I think you should wait for the new one and get the most for your money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Of all of the numerous Blackberry devices I've owned over the years, none of them were on-screen keyboards and therefore I cannot do an honest comparison. Personally, I still believe that the keyboard associated with the Blackberry 7290 models is the greatest ever, in my opinion. Now, the native iPhone keyboard is more than sufficient. It's easy to type on, and the predictive feature is usually spot on. I think you will be pleased with it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I'd wait, but not necessarily for the same reason other posters. If you wait a couple months and decide the 6s isn't compelling enough, you'll be able to get the 6 for $100 cheaper when the 6s is released.

sick_head

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Former bb10 user too had the Z10, Q10, Z30 their keyboard are excellent to use... But the iPhone 6 keyboard took some time to get use to but it's really comfortable to use as well... I don't like the predictive text thing so I turn that **** off😂😂

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711