iMessage issue

CrossClown

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm just wondering if anyone is having issues about deleting message threads in iMessage. Like if you delete 1 or 2 message threads, the application will freeze and when you restart the app again it'll be completely unusable. The only way to regain control over the app is to restart the phone BUT upon doing so the deleted messages will still be there. It's apparently a known issue but it doesn't seem to be widespread enough such that there is a fix to it. This is happening to one of my friends but it isn't happening to mine at all, it also isn't happening to the few other iPhone 6's I've checked (all are iOS 8.4). They've tried restoring the phone, hard resetting the phone, etc.

I've seen one "fix" where the person backs up the phone then proceeds to delete all his music. Once he's done that, he deletes a single message thread and waits for a day and once it worked, he started deleting one message thread after another.

Last edited:

CrossClown

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
It's not my phone, it's a friend's phone. My iPhone 6 (64gb) is working just fine. Since the two of you don't have the issue, my assumption that it's not widespread and it's isolated to just a few phones.

I was thinking of restoring her phone from new but then I thought I should check another iPhone 6 that's the same size as hers, which is a 16gb, and the one I checked was working just fine and it had the same amount of free space as hers. I'm going to try and see if it could be an app that's causing the problem. Last resort will be to restore as a new phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2