Phone acting crazy

tedbearclaw

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Like title says my phone has been acting crazy lately even after a full wipe and reset. Apps open on their own. Pages on Instagram open up without me selecting them. Apps will close on their own then another one will open.
Any help or suggestions would me much appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I 'assume' you have an iPhone. Anyway, it's possible that you have water damages, however, if you restored from a backup and you performed a full wipe and reset then you may have restored the problem. Try removing the .ipsw file from your computer, and then put your device in DFU mode and then have iTunes install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version for your device. Afterwards, set up the device as new and then use it for awhile to see if it still acts 'crazy'. If not, consider the problem solved. If it still acts 'crazy', make preparations to get it replaced.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not that I can think of. Have you called Apple (800-275-2273) or made a Genius Bar appointment?

tazman69

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Like title says my phone has been acting crazy lately even after a full wipe and reset. Apps open on their own. Pages on Instagram open up without me selecting them. Apps will close on their own then another one will open.
Any help or suggestions would me much appreciated.

My iPhone 6 does this on occasion but only when charging with the screen on. Apps randomly open and close on their own. My phone even attempted a phone call to some random number once. Thankfully the call failed.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 6 does this on occasion but only when charging with the screen on. Apps randomly open and close on their own. My phone even attempted a phone call to some random number once. Thankfully the call failed.

This is amazing (not in a good way); I've never had that happen.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Your phone sounds kinda sketchy. Have you done a full restore and set it up as a new iPhone? If you have and this persists, you should probably take your phone to the Genius Bar.

tazman69

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Your phone sounds kinda sketchy. Have you done a full restore and set it up as a new iPhone? If you have and this persists, you should probably take your phone to the Genius Bar.

No I haven't. I don't want to lose my text messages. It doesn't happen often enough and I just make sure my screen is locked when I charge my phone. But I just spoke with a co-worker yesterday and her iPhone 6 is doing similar stuff (launching FaceTime, etc) while sitting on her desk but while unplugged.

tedbearclaw

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
So finally after several visits to tech support wiping phone restoring phone removing life proof case to rule out possible issue with case my phone is getting warranty replaced. Now the home button sticks or does not respond. There is definitely something going on with my phone, note has never been dropped or abused. Now just have to wait two weeks cause it's on back order!

Sharon Tringali

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the same issues. It started after having it for about 2 months. In reading many posts I can't help but think it is a malfunction. Apple needs to own up to it and replace these phones!

tianna_traverse

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I have an Iphone5s and it was quite damaged luckily it had a one years warranty on it and I hadn't had it for longer than a year so I sent it off to the people who I got it from because the battery life was really bad and it had two black dots on the back camera they fixed it and I got it back in about 3 days but when I got it back my phone started acting crazy it types when I don't want it to if I'm drawing something on notes or my Instagram story it will go all weird and I will have to retry when I'm scrolling down it will go up and just keep scrolling up for ages I've tried to reboot it but that hasn't done anything could something please help me

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an Iphone5s and it was quite damaged luckily it had a one years warranty on it and I hadn't had it for longer than a year so I sent it off to the people who I got it from because the battery life was really bad and it had two black dots on the back camera they fixed it and I got it back in about 3 days but when I got it back my phone started acting crazy it types when I don't want it to if I'm drawing something on notes or my Instagram story it will go all weird and I will have to retry when I'm scrolling down it will go up and just keep scrolling up for ages I've tried to reboot it but that hasn't done anything could something please help me

Do you have a question? Sounds like you did the right thing sending it in for service.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I would take it back again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner