How to improve my iPhone photography skill?

lionly

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not so satisfied with my photos taken with iPhone 6. And I even ordered some macro and zoom lenses which are fun from mpj.

BUT my most important thing to do is improving photography skill. For this photo, what can I do to improve it? Thank you.

Attachments

• j.jpg
    j.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The angle of your shot is not that bad. The Wall to the right should gave been cut out. And in this particular photo, the contrast between light and dark should be more balanced to show off that great log railing. Something like this:
In my opinion anyways! LOL
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437750987.544030.jpg

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The angle of your shot is not that bad. The Wall to the right should gave been cut out. And in this particular photo, the contrast between light and dark should be more balanced to show off that great log railing. Something like this:
In my opinion anyways! LOL
View attachment 85855

I'm not sure, but it seems like that woulda been a decent candidate for HDR. Seems like it may have come out with results more like the edit you made.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it is just me, but what is wrong with the original image? I mean, we aren't talking DSLR here. For what we have at our disposal, I think that picture looks pretty good.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it is just me, but what is wrong with the original image? I mean, we aren't talking DSLR here. For what we have at our disposal, I think that picture looks pretty good.

It wasn't so much about that image. He asked about photography and how to improve his skills. The image was just an example to use. The original looked fine to me too. Normally I wouldn't have bothered to make edits on it. Some I do though.

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not so satisfied with my photos taken with iPhone 6. And I even ordered some macro and zoom lenses which are fun from mpj.

BUT my most important thing to do is improving photography skill. For this photo, what can I do to improve it? Thank you.

Improve your photography skills. That's it.
It doesn't matter which machine you use to capture images, if you practice and improve, you'll get great results from a barbie doll camera, an iPhone, or a dslr/mirrorless.
Practice. Study. Learn. Practice.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Good photography is a lot about good composition. Practice viewing the world differently. And take LOTS of pictures. One of the great things about digital photography is that you can take hundreds or even thousands of pictures without it "costing" you extra.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2