How do I find linked contacts on iPhone6 so I can unlink them?

I

iMore Question

How do I find linked contacts on iPhone6 so I can unlink them.

Linked contacts causing problems. I want to unlink any contacts I have. Is there any way to do this automatically? i.e., can I do a find/sort? to find linked contacts and edit them all at once?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I find linked contacts on iPhone6 so I can unlink them.

To what are they linked? Anyway, I assume you can just go to Settings - Privacy - Contacts, and then uncheck or disable the toggle next to any app listed that you do not wish to have access to your contacts.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Do you mean linked to each other? When you find one that is linked, you can unlink them by Editing the contact and scrolling to the bottom to find the command to unlink.

mlj4chc

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

Did you ever discover a way to perform this process? Thanks for any insight into a means of accomplishing this task.

cyberbiker6

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
To unlink other contacts (like family members) you just click the minus sign to the left of the name in Edit mode.

I wish someone could tell us how to unlink other accounts like one of my Yahoo addresses. I do not know how it became linked to my entry in IOS Contacts, but I did not approve it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
To unlink other contacts (like family members) you just click the minus sign to the left of the name in Edit mode.

I wish someone could tell us how to unlink other accounts like one of my Yahoo addresses. I do not know how it became linked to my entry in IOS Contacts, but I did not approve it.

In Settings > Contacts > Accounts you can manage for which accounts you see the contacts in your Contacts app.
Simply toggle off the contacts switch for accounts you don't want to see.
Please bear in mind that some contacts which are only saved to those accounts also will not appear in your Contacts list anymore.
Make sure that all your contacts are saved to the account you want to see.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73