Apple Leather Red iPhone 6 case

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I, too have the Product Red Leather case, and it looks like the pix posted above. I'm starting to question how this was manufactured; for example, how did they get the leather so thin? As stated in an earlier post, it looks like there's a structural inner liner, and the leather is bonded to it somehow. Could this be like a highly processed lunch meat, where everything is tossed in a hopper, ground to a pulp and then reconstituted in a mold? They can still legally call it turkey meat, but it's far removed from Natures original idea.

Whatever, it just doesn't seem like the usual Apple quality that I'm accustomed to.

I really can't judge the Apple Product RED Leather case because I don't have one, but my Apple Product Black Leather case SCREAMS QUALITY and PROFESSIONALISM and be honest it meets my standards from Apple that I am accustomed to. My Apple Product Black leather case is well constructed.

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
It is a black apple leather case that I first bought.. then I realized it's too boring.. so I had the second - this time it's the Product Red  leather case.. but this came.. a not so good looking aged red tanned genuine leather.. So third and last (hopefully) case that I bought is the Olive Brown leather case for the iPhone 6

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
This is the process I was thinking of...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonded_leather

And, while the case itself serves its purpose by adding a grippier surface and providing some protection for drops, it's the "less than real leather" aspect of it that bothers me. Still, I like it better than the similarly priced third-party cases I've seen.

Plus, one feature of this process that Apple would like is the environmental aspect, since you can make use of scraps of leather that would otherwise be wasted.

jkellywilkerson

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry Brooke - But I'm just now seeing this thread. My wife has had the Red case for her iPhone 6 (Gold) and the combination of the red case and the gold phone look even more stunning than with the space gray (which I have). Anyway, her red case looks terrible after about 8 months. All 4 corners are black as well as along the edges of the screen. It really hasn't held up well at all. I personally would've ditched it a while back, but she just keeps on using it. I've had the black leather case for my iPhone 6 Space Gray since November and it still looks normal. I pocket it all the time; khaki pants, jeans, shorts. Plus, living in the deep south, I'm no stranger to extreme sweat when doing yard work with my phone in my pocket. The case still looks like it's only a month or two old. I will agree with the other posts - the darker color leather cases appear to hold up much better; even though they may not look as amazing, especially for women.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, when making my choice for the red case, I was trying to emulate a Macintosh Apple sliced open; red and white. Steve would be proud. :yes:

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
It is a black apple leather case that I first bought.. then I realized it's too boring.. so I had the second - this time it's the Product Red  leather case.. but this came.. a not so good looking aged red tanned genuine leather.. So third and last (hopefully) case that I bought is the Olive Brown leather case for the iPhone 6

The olive brown isn't that bad! If I were to pick one more color that'd be the one! I did have it for a bit- I just decided I liked the black better with my space grey iPhone. But the brown is pretty good as well!

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Sorry Brooke - But I'm just now seeing this thread. My wife has had the Red case for her iPhone 6 (Gold) and the combination of the red case and the gold phone look even more stunning than with the space gray (which I have). Anyway, her red case looks terrible after about 8 months. All 4 corners are black as well as along the edges of the screen. It really hasn't held up well at all. I personally would've ditched it a while back, but she just keeps on using it. I've had the black leather case for my iPhone 6 Space Gray since November and it still looks normal. I pocket it all the time; khaki pants, jeans, shorts. Plus, living in the deep south, I'm no stranger to extreme sweat when doing yard work with my phone in my pocket. The case still looks like it's only a month or two old. I will agree with the other posts - the darker color leather cases appear to hold up much better; even though they may not look as amazing, especially for women.

Very good review! I ended up returning mine just because I was too paranoid. I think the black with the space grey looks incredibly sharp and classy... Even for women! Glad to know your black has held up as well as it has!! I know mine will be just fine as well :) love my black leather case!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I originally bought the Black Silicone case for my iPhone, but for Christmas, I got a leather case. I'm definitely not switching back over to the silicone. I do like it, but the leather is so much nicer and it feels much better in the hand than the silicone. Plus, the silicone would pick up pocket lint very easily in my experience.

My issue with the silicone ones is the price doesn't justify it imo. It's a fine case but I could get just as good ones for cheaper. It they were around the $20 price range I would get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I really can't judge the Apple Product RED Leather case because I don't have one, but my Apple Product Black Leather case SCREAMS QUALITY and PROFESSIONALISM and be honest it meets my standards from Apple that I am accustomed to. My Apple Product Black leather case is well constructed.

I have product red case and I love it. I had it since March and had it on 24/7 until around June. Now I'm switching between my mophie and it and right been using my Apple leather case. The case does have some black smudges on it but I am 85% sure it's from the pair of jeans which is doing it to my socks, myself, and other various stuff in my pockets.* other wise it looks great still

* stupid American Eagle pants that cost $40 does it but my Calvin Klein jeans which costed me $20 doesn't do it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It amazes me how we buy these expensive phones and then cover them up with cases, expensive and cheap cases. I remember when phones came with some kind of belt clip cases..LOL. Now everybody goes searching for that "PERFECT" case to fit their needs and wants. Over the years I have purchased many cases and I do mean MANY, until finally I had given up on the "PERFECT" case, but now I can say I have finally found the "PERFECT" case for MY needs and wants in the Apple Product Black Leather Case. The Apple Product Black Leather Case...IMHO, seems as though it's actually part of the iPhone 6/6 Plus, like it was manufactured during the assembly of the iPhone itself. This is the first time in my long tech history, that I'm TOTALLY satisfied with a case.

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
starbucks? no i don't.. I am an engineer and working for a petroleum company.. what u saw was just my 2015 planner..

Last edited by a moderator:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]Do not post personal contact information of yourself or others. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, IMEI numbers, and addresses. If you wish to contact another member, please send them a private message. This is for your protection.[/WARN]

RobRM

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I think it all depends on how you use it, leather should age well shouldn't it, especially with the constant oils from your hands

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Every red case I've seen ages with it turning black. Idk why that is!

It's the oil & grime from your hands as far as I can tell. Personally...because I'm so OCD about stuff like that, and because I like the red color but hate the "aged" look it and every other non-black Apple leather case takes on almost immediately...I'll stick with the black case. I've had it on my iPhone 5. 5s & now my 6 and I love it. You're right, Brooke it looks super nice with the space gray phone as well as the silver one IMO.

I've not found any other case that I like nearly as well. As a matter of fact, to avoid the "sold out" factor I've already gotten a black case and ZAGG glass screen protector set aside waiting on the iPhone 6s Plus that I'll have soon! I can't wait!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I asked a friend about her red leather case. She offered this pic. She says she's been using it more than 4 months. Looks better than what I've seen here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439494846.452977.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox