Apple Leather Red iPhone 6 case

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
The reason the red leather wares so badly is because it is a different leather or at least get a different treatment during their making. If you have the red one and say the navy blue they both look and feel totally different, and I mean apart from the colour. I returned my red and kept my navy, brown and black.

I noticed that as well. It feels totally different. Even between the brown and black it felt different. I'd say my brown one felt the best but I like the black look better!

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the photo review on your Apple Leather Cases. I have finallally made up my mind and I will NOT be getting the Redish-orange Apple Leather Case. The Navy Blue has just became my second choice (Black is first for my Space Gray 6Plus). I also saw a sales rep at BestBuy with a week old Red Apple Leather Case and it looked about a year old. Thats NOT what I'm looking for in a case. My month old Black Apple Leather case still looks brand new and I also think the Navy Blue should wear just as well. Thanks again and Welcome to iMore...POST OFTEN and ENJOY

View attachment 86376

Decided on the blue?? We want pictures when you get it!

Yeah I've seen that look before too with the red. I thought I'd maybe be able to deal with it when it happened to me but I changed my mind. Especially seeing as I got over the shade of red that it was..

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Decided on the blue?? We want pictures when you get it!

Yeah I've seen that look before too with the red. I thought I'd maybe be able to deal with it when it happened to me but I changed my mind. Especially seeing as I got over the shade of red that it was..

Of course. I like posting pictures, can't you tell....LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
i guess they use the wrong term.. it is not true that the leather is pealing.. its just changing it's color to a darker shade.. at least in my case (product red)

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
some people really anticipate "leather patena" - that's why they prefer lighter shade of leather. the lighter it gets the deeper the dark patena will be

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
yahoo this... i mean.. google this dear.. "art of leather patena"

I think in the case of the light pink the "patina" isn't what people expect. Just from what I've seen the light pink just looks destroyed instead of beautifully aged. I think it's the type of leather apple uses though. Just my thought anyway. Just seems to me the vast majority of light pink leather users were highly disappointed in how their case weathered in such a short amount of time.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I know there are countless threads about cases but I'm curious. For those of you who own the red leather case for the iPhone 6.. How has it held up? I'm itching to get it but I'm not sure how well it'll wear. If anyone has pictures that'd be awesome!

I have the brown leather and love the feel. I'm pretty easy on cases so it hasn't discolored at all. Worst thing I put it through is taking it to the gym with me.

But honest answers would be awesome! Thanks!!

Mine has held mostly fine. Mine has a little blue on the buttons pusher thungys or whatever it's called but that was probably because one if my jeans was Turing stuff in my pockets blue

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
your's soft pink leather case?

No I have the product red one

aae89d2e821991004384d41504f87b78.jpg

eff087aac4f52bf83817ce7f26205ba4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Latest posts