Photo storage

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I've been getting the notification that I am close to running out of room to store photos on my phone. I have the 128GB phone and am nowhere near close to using it. I don't understand why it's giving me this notification to buy more space? I've been able to save pictures no problem and I know people who have lesser phones and don't have this problem. They even have more pictures than I do.
I'd like to avoid removing stuff from my phone cause I basically use that for pictures rather than sending anything to my computer. What do I do? Buy extra space or is there something else I can do. It's only 99 cents a month for another 20MB. I got 5MB free already that is close to being used up.

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I think you are being notified about iCloud space and the backup for your photos, not the actual 128gb on your internal memory...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Upload most photos to cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Then delete from your camera roll. Then the next iCloud back up won't be so big. Also, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage> Manage storage > this iPhone > Toggle off any unnecessary apps that don't need to be backed up. Any you can easily download from the purchased list.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
So in the event that I do just upload them to a storage site. Is it going to be easy to access them there thru my phone. I just see it as more convenient to get at them on my phone then to have to go on the computer and deal with them. I have to see that I have icloud set up properly. Just a bit hesitant to make any moves then find out I had it set up wrong. Don't want to lose anything.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So in the event that I do just upload them to a storage site. Is it going to be easy to access them there thru my phone. I just see it as more convenient to get at them on my phone then to have to go on the computer and deal with them. I have to see that I have icloud set up properly. Just a bit hesitant to make any moves then find out I had it set up wrong. Don't want to lose anything.

They are just as easy to view in apps like Box or Dropbox as they are on the camera roll. I have many in Box with folders and subfolders. It's very organized. You can do both. Put them on the computer for safe storage, but also on apps like Box so you can view them on the phone without them taking a lot of space.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW