Traffic conditions for calendar events?

kiarahataly

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello, all! I have an iPhone 6 and have had it since launch. I use frequent locations and my iPhone has been rather smart about showing traffic conditions for my frequent locations. This morning I got my usual info about my travel to work. Today is also my daughters last day of summer school and they are having a school picnic. I always include travel time for my calendar events. But to my surprise, I pulled my NC down and it showed this, as seen in the screenshot. It's a welcome addition but this has never happened before. I've never received travel information for ANY of my calendar events. Any thoughts on why? Is this a feature that's just hit and miss?

kiarahataly

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Wow that is cool!! Do you need to tweak anything in your settings to get that or does it just happen?

I think so too! I just have no idea why this is the first time it's shown up & it literally just showed up without me doing anything different.

My settings regarding this are:
1. Frequent locations enabled.
2. Locations services on for routing & traffic.
3. Add travel time to all events that require traveling.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I think so too! I just have no idea why this is the first time it's shown up & it literally just showed up without me doing anything different.

My settings regarding this are:
1. Frequent locations enabled.
2. Locations services on for routing & traffic.
3. Add travel time to all events that require traveling.

Ok let me try to find all this, that would be a huge help for me, thanks!

kiarahataly

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok so the first 2 are on but I can't find travel time?

Travel time is an option when creating events. Once you enable, more options appear allowing you to choose where you'll be traveling from, as well as manually choosing travel times. (See screenshot.)
iMoreAppImg_20150709_110651.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20150709_110658.jpg

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
This is really cool, but after I turn on travel time, I don't see a starting location listed.

It only list the minute breakdowns (5,15, 30, etc.).

Maybe my settings are incorrect?

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Press and release both the home button and sleep button at the same time. You should hear the camera shutter sound. It will be in your camera roll.

kiarahataly

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
This is really cool, but after I turn on travel time, I don't see a starting location listed.

It only list the minute breakdowns (5,15, 30, etc.).

Maybe my settings are incorrect?

I don't *think* there's any specific settings to allow this. The option should just be there. However, if you're running the iOS 9 public beta, that could be it. I'm running it and now I don't have the option to set specific starting locations or current location either.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't *think* there's any specific settings to allow this. The option should just be there. However, if you're running the iOS 9 public beta, that could be it. I'm running it and now I don't have the option to set specific starting locations or current location either.

I can't say what the difference is between the 'public' beta and developer beta 3, but the options you mentioned are available to me in beta 3. Totally close out the Calendar app and then reboot your iPhone to see if the option appear for you.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You also need to be using an iCloud calendar. It will not work with an Exchange or other calendar.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2