Avid Google/Android Fanboy got an iPhone 6 From work...

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
0. Don't expect the iPhone to be an Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omfg yes! I hate it when people are like, "I've been using android all my life and now I'm going to try and use an iPhone and see if I like it." Then they're like, "WAAA! It doesn't function 100 percent exactly like my android did. I hate it."

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Found my first app that is not on apple that I use every day, not a deal killer as I am sure there is a great alarm clock app on Apple, but last night I used my Nexus 7 instead of my phone as an alarm clock. I use "Timely Alarm Clock" on Android, what is the best one on the iPhone?

Thanks

I like using the stock clock app's alarm. I use music in my library. Works like a charm.

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Well my iPhone 6 Plus comes tomorrow....looking for a good case, probably end up with a Tech 21 and Tempered Glass screen protector. I like my TYTL Qi charger so probably going to either buy a qi charging kit or a dock for my night stand.

anon(8410015)

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Well my iPhone 6 Plus comes tomorrow....looking for a good case, probably end up with a Tech 21 and Tempered Glass screen protector. I like my TYTL Qi charger so probably going to either buy a qi charging kit or a dock for my night stand.

I don't have one personally but the Tweleve South dock is VERY popular among iPhone users.

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

I use a Tech21 and an Apple leather case. I really like the Apple leather case for a simple reason. The power switch is on the right side of the phone like the Samsung you are accustomed to. This is a departure from the old form factor with the power switch on the top. Anyway, the two buttons I use constantly are the power button on the right and the silence toggle on the left. The Leather case allows for easy access to both those buttons whereas the Tech21 case does not. Especially the silence toggle.

This generation of iphone the toggle seems smaller and the Tech21 case makes it difficult to get my finger in there to toggle, and when using the power button I often inadvertently hit the volume rocker on the left side.

Lastly, the leather feels really good in the hand.

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I got the tech 21. What am I missing. I want to place my phone on its side and show a clock. The world clock shows me a map with a time on New York. I just want to use my phone as a clock during the night. I most be missing something simple. Please help.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I got the tech 21. What am I missing. I want to place my phone on its side and show a clock. The world clock shows me a map with a time on New York. I just want to use my phone as a clock during the night. I most be missing something simple. Please help.

I have LA, New York, Dublin, Johannesburg, New Deli, and Seoul as time zones. In horizontal mode a "flattened" world map shows up with a darker grey shade for where its dark across the world. I don't think that the actual places or quantity matter as much as perhaps having more than one world time zone added?

To be honest, I don't use the iPhone as a bedside clock, although the idea is a good one. I remember doing that with older BlackBerrys that lived in a dock at night. Maybe someone can recommend a good clock for night use.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have LA, New York, Dublin, Johannesburg, New Deli, and Seoul as time zones. In horizontal mode a "flattened" world map shows up with a darker grey shade for where its dark across the world. I don't think that the actual places or quantity matter as much as perhaps having more than one world time zone added?

To be honest, I don't use the iPhone as a bedside clock, although the idea is a good one. I remember doing that with older BlackBerrys that lived in a dock at night. Maybe someone can recommend a good clock for night use.

You have to use an app. There are plenty of free ones in the AppStore.

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Day 3 with my iPhone 6 Plus....still using my Nexus 5 without a sim as my alarm clock....I ordered a tempered screen protector today and a qi charging receiver. I am going to return my Tech 21 case to TMobile and buy it off of Amazon and save 20+ dollars.

I got this one:
https://www.tech21.com/en_gb/classic-shell-wallet-case-for-iphone-6-plus

and I am not sure how I like it yet..I love that it is completely protected just need to deice if I am going to stick with this one or get the classic tech 21 case.....

Thanks for every ones help...

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I am still learning and exploring on the iPhone and there are a lot of great things, the integration with Google is amazing and more so then I ever imagined even importing all of my contacts from Google was a breeze.

As a newbee what things no longer cocern me :)

1. no Qi charging - (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RI0GOM8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00)
2. no Android Wear (How to get Android Wear to work with iOS)
3. How do I set up the iPhone at night to only allow certain calls through and nothing else.... (fixed....thanks #Bigeric23)
4. Widgets, widgets, widgets....I will need to get use to not having them (Getting use to iOS)
5. battery life (Amazing... I got the 6 Plus)

Thanks for any help

1901Madison1

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious regarding any specific takeaways on battery life coming from Android. I've got Droid Turbo right now, but am strongly considering switching to an iPhone 6 plus. My biggest concern is battery life.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious regarding any specific takeaways on battery life coming from Android. I've got Droid Turbo right now, but am strongly considering switching to an iPhone 6 plus. My biggest concern is battery life.

I have not used the Turbo but I have used the Note 4. From my experiences and other conversations here I would say the 6 plus has the best battery life out there right now. I really have to try to drain it in a day.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I only charge my iPhone 6 Plus about every three days.

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

I use both the Turbo and 6 Plus. I find the 6 Plus has better battery for me, especially in standby. I could go 2.5 days on a charge but I'm a bad use case. With my Turbo I have 3 launchers downloaded so I mess around with that a bit in my downtime. There is not an Android Central App for ios and I spend quite a bit of time in that app on my Turbo. I would spend more time there on the iPhone but the Mobile Nations websites are beyond terrible so I refuse to visit the Web pages.

-Connections both wifi and cellular on better on my Turbo. Especially wifi range.

-As much as I like SwiftKey on Android I'm much more accurate with the iPhone stock keyboard.

-Camera goes to the iPhone no question. I left my Turbo at home when my family went on vacation. I got some great pics especially with my kids being active and moving in many of the shots.

-iOS is still a more smooth experience to me. That os just flows like water, lollipop on the Turbo still snags and hangs especially in the recent apps menu for me. I can't say I've had a problem with lagging or app reloading on the 6 Plus. It is not something that has come up in the 5 months I've had it.

Both are really good phones, which is why I use both. I like stock Android and I'm plenty productive with it. Tried the Note 4 but there was just too much going on for me, great display and camera though. I think you will enjoy the 6 Plus, it is a great device.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

I am getting easily through the day and as a previous Turbo owner, I can easily say the battery life is better on the 6 Plus. I take it off the charger at 5:00 AM and putting it back on the cahrger at 10 :00 at night and usually still have mid 50's of battery life left.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

The 6 plus battery life is better then the turbo but I had the turbo for a day. The turbo is better then the 6 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73