Avid Google/Android Fanboy got an iPhone 6 From work...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lightning connector docks charge the iPhone 6 really fast these days, so I wouldn't know why iPhone users would need Qi charging.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Lightning connector docks charge the iPhone 6 really fast these days, so I wouldn't know why iPhone users would need Qi charging.

You have not used a Qi charger if you think the advantage is how fast it charges....it is about ease of use.

I have one in my car, work, kitchen, and by my bed. TYTL chargers and it is so nice just being able to set the phone down and have it charge and not have to use a plug. It is all about usability :)

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Because it's the convenience of it? Do I care if it charges in 1 hour or 2 hours when I am asleep? Not really .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
There are stock widgets in the notification center and many apps have their own widgets for the NC too. You can't had home screen widgets though.

Dency JJ

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I think you also need some information about how to transfer your stuff from Android to iPhone, such as the contacts, messages, might it is necessary. I find there is a great article with details published at imore is to help you make it, you could search for it. Hope you could get used to your iphone and love it. lol.

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I love my iPhone 6 Plus. I have drank the water. Looking forward to the 6S Plus and being on a two year cycle with the iPhone. No more noise!!!! I felt like with Android I was always chasing the next best thing. Now I have it and it will come to me now, instead of my searching it out.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I love my iPhone 6 Plus. I have drank the water. Looking forward to the 6S Plus and being on a two year cycle with the iPhone. No more noise!!!! I felt like with Android I was always chasing the next best thing. Now I have it and it will come to me now, instead of my searching it out.

You came from the S6 active correct? Was that as big of device as the Iphone 6 plus?

I'm on a Note 4 now and quite honestly tired of chasing the next thing to just to correct lag and awful battery life. I've disabled all I can on the Note and even factory reset and still have the same issues. Who even knows when there will be an update to 5.1.1 and if that will even correct the problems. Its really up to Verizon at this point.

So now I'm thinking of waiting for the end of this month to see what Moto releases, but then I'm like why would I dump more money into the same issues again.

In you experience is the 6 plus somewhat hard to carry in you pocket and use one handed?

As I said I have the note 4 and can pocket it but the 6 plus looks a little larger on spec.

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
You came from the S6 active correct? Was that as big of device as the Iphone 6 plus?

I'm on a Note 4 now and quite honestly tired of chasing the next thing to just to correct lag and awful battery life. I've disabled all I can on the Note and even factory reset and still have the same issues. Who even knows when there will be an update to 5.1.1 and if that will even correct the problems. Its really up to Verizon at this point.

So now I'm thinking of waiting for the end of this month to see what Moto releases, but then I'm like why would I dump more money into the same issues again.

In you experience is the 6 plus somewhat hard to carry in you pocket and use one handed?

As I said I have the note 4 and can pocket it but the 6 plus looks a little larger on spec.

The 6 Plus doesn't bother me when it's in my pocket. Moto makes great devices but the cameras are inferior to Samsung if that is something you value. Battery life can be as well if you go for something like the Moto X or Moto G.

Battery life on the 6 Plus is awesome. It can last me almost 3 days and that's with moderate usage.

I have the Moto Droid Turbo and there is no lag in this device. There seems to be a small stutter when clearing the recent apps once in a while but it's a beast of a phone. IPhone 6 Plus has a better camera, better battery, and a bit of a stutter when I exit safari back to the home screen. I can't compare the size to the note because I've never handled the Note.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The 6 Plus doesn't bother me when it's in my pocket. Moto makes great devices but the cameras are inferior to Samsung if that is something you value. Battery life can be as well if you go for something like the Moto X or Moto G.

Battery life on the 6 Plus is awesome. It can last me almost 3 days and that's with moderate usage.

I have the Moto Droid Turbo and there is no lag in this device. There seems to be a small stutter when clearing the recent apps once in a while but it's a beast of a phone. IPhone 6 Plus has a better camera, better battery, and a bit of a stutter when I exit safari back to the home screen. I can't compare the size to the note because I've never handled the Note.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Thank you. One more question. How long does apple typically support IOS on older devices? So if I buy the 6 plus now how long can I expect to get IOS updates?

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's usually been about 4 years. Except this year the 4S is getting iOS 9 while most of us who have used iPhones for a while expected the 4S to be dropped from support.

6 & 6 Plus - released 9/2014
5S - released 9/2013
5 - released 9/2012
4S - released 7/2011 (I think)

So since the 4S will have support from 7/2011 to approximately 9/2016 or 5 years. If the 4S had been dropped, it would've had 4 years of iOS updates.
So the 6 or 6 Plus will be on the most recent iOS release until 2018 or 2019.

Thanks. That is much better than what I'm used to. One or two updates and then crickets.

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

The last phone I had before moving to 6 Plus was the S6 Active but before that I had the Nexus 6, which I have since given to my wife. The 6 Plus is larger than the Acyive and smaller than the Nexus 6 and in my opinion more manageable then either on of them.I carry the 6 Plus in my pocket no issues and prefer 2 handed use but can use one handed very easily.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! and it looks like you are using the Tech 21 case. The only other one I see for sale at VZW that looks thin is the case mate naked. I used that one on another phone and it was very slippery. I guess I'll try the tech 21 this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh