How do I separate two iPhones with the same Apple ID.
I was given a new IPhone 6 from my IPhone 5s. Both phones have my Apple ID even though the 5s is my husband's now with his own phone number. I have tried going to settings, App Store/ITunes and viewed my ID and tried to edit but it only allowed me to edit the name. I am not being allowed to edit the Apple ID. Any suggestions how to do this?
Someone suggested deleting account and starting over but the phones are synced.
- 07-07-2015, 08:12 PM #2
- 07-07-2015, 08:15 PM #3iMore Genius
- 20,845 Posts
Re: How do I separate two iPhones with the same Apple ID.
On the 5s... Go to settings... iCloud... Scroll to the bottom... Tap 'sign out'... Turn off iMessage and FaceTime... And under iTunes & AppStore... Tap your AppleID and on the pop-up, sign out... Then your husband can sign in with his own AppleID...
- By sammyandsam in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-07-2015, 10:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-07-2015, 07:58 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2015, 07:42 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-07-2015, 07:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple MusicReplies: 2Last Post: 07-07-2015, 06:37 PM