iMessage question

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Some of my iPhone text contacts are showing blue, and others are green. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Blue = iMessage

Green = Not using iMessage

Sometimes people who "do" use iMessage will show green if they are in a bad reception area, there are problems with iMessage, etc.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Blue is Apple iMessage... Green is carrier SMS/text messages...

I should have been clearer. Several of my iMessage contacts are showing green. My wife is showing green, and her phone is in the same location as mine.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I should have been clearer. Several of my iMessage contacts are showing green. My wife is showing green, and her phone is in the same location as mine.

Have you tried to logout of iMessage and then back in?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Where exactly did you logout from?

Settings > Messaging > tap on your Apple ID and select sign out. Then sign back in. But, it could be your wife that needs to do that if you are able to send iMessages to others.

Of course you could both sign out and back in :)

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything back to normal now. Weird. I say "weird " because it was about half of my iMessage contacts that were affected.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Settings > Messaging > tap on your Apple ID and select sign out. Then sign back in. But, it could be your wife that needs to do that if you are able to send iMessages to others.

Of course you could both sign out and back in :)

My trick has always been to turn off Wifi and be on cellular data, then, Settings - Messages - Send & Receive, log out of Apple ID at the top of the screen then log back in.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Everything back to normal now. Weird. I say "weird " because it was about half of my iMessage contacts that were affected.

Apple has been experiencing issues with their iCloud service as of late and that could have been the culprit. If you're running iOS 9 beta then, I suspect the issue to be resolved in a future update.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Apple has been experiencing issues with their iCloud service as of late and that could have been the culprit. If you're running iOS 9 beta then, I suspect the issue to be resolved in a future update.

I had this problem last week, just_Me_D are you running ios9?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I'm on beta 2. Thanks for the info!

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It must be beta 2. Now, only 1 contact shows as iMessage. But, if I launch "message(contact)" from Launcher app, it shows as an iMessage. Confusing........

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711