Podcasts Notifications

TRICKorDEVICE

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from third party podcast clients to Apple's native app. I don't seem to be getting any new podcast notifications. I've checked all the settings I can think of with no luck. When I look at Settings>notifications>podcasts I do not see an option to choose banner v. pop up, I believe this is called the "alert styles when unlocked" option screen. Any ideas?

So I looked on my friends iPhone and he has that option...something is definitely not right here. I restarted the phone, any help?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The native Podcasts.app doesn't have an alert style option. Only Lock screen, badge, and show in notification center.

Are you sure your friend wasn't showing you the settings for a 3rd party podcast app?

TRICKorDEVICE

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
We'll at least I know that my software isn't missing a setting. Do you get notifications? Shouldn't I get something in notification center or on my lock screen, or on my Apple Watch when a new podcast is ready?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
We'll at least I know that my software isn't missing a setting. Do you get notifications? Shouldn't I get something in notification center or on my lock screen, or on my Apple Watch when a new podcast is ready?

That, I do not know. I have almost all notifications turned off including Podcasts.

I also have Podcasts restricted to WiFi only and manual updates.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Could it be that you need to allow 'Background App Refresh'? I thought I read somewhere that it needed that on in order to refresh for updates.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner