Taking iPhone in for cracked screen but...

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone fell (from about 2 feet off the ground) and must have fallen on the holy grail of spots because it cracked. I knew it cracked the second it hit because it made THAT noise. In any case, I have an appt with Apple for Saturday to get it fixed. Thankfully screen repairs no longer cost an arm and a leg with Apple and I don't have to go find a shady hole in the wall shop to do it for me.

In any case, I am running iOS 9 and I am wondering if I should uninstall it or just leave it. I would assume I'd have no issues since it's a cracked screen that I'm paying out of pocket for, not a defect with the phone. Figured I'd ask on here to the more knowledgeable crew.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can leave it. It won't matter in this regard. Besides, they don't know whether or not you're a 'developer'...:)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
They probably won't care. If you really are worried about it, then go back to iOS 8, but I'd say you are in the clear here. :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't matter unless your complaining about functions not working or battery life etc . Then they will tell you to restore to 8.3 etc When I bought my watch they asked if I was running 8.3 I said I'm on 8.4 b4 and ditched 9 because of battery life .. They laughed and said great not a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy Loftis

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
if it is just a single crack and did not shatter they may fix it for you free of charge. I dropped mine less than 6 inches and he created a small oval crack in the bottom corner and they considered it a defect. they replaced the screen then when they were doing the diagonistics on it it wouldnt pass so they replaced my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2