Would you prefer 32 GBs of entry level storage instead of 16 GBs?

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Who else would like to see that? Apple offering 32 gb as the entry level storage instead of the 16 gb storage. To me, 16 gb doesn't cut it for me anymore. I would love to see Apple take off the 16 gb and replace it with 32 gb. Which I doubt they will do, guess it'll just be a dream of mine.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: 32 gb entry storage instead of 16 gb

I think most everyone here would like to see the 32 gb as the base model iPhone. But it's to Apple's advantage to have the 16 gb. It's their gig! So...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 32 gb entry storage instead of 16 gb

Remember, everyone who owns an iPhone does not frequent tech forums. Having said that, the number of people who prefer a 16GB entry level model may be a majority over those who prefer a 32GB entry level model. Anyway, to answer your question, in the past, I've been a supporter of those wanting a 32GB entry model, but now it's meh.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally I prefer the 16gb because it works for me. I don't store music, videos, photos or have many apps on my device. I think more people than we realize feel the same way. But I do think that someday Apple might do away with the 16gb iPhone.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the 16GB variant as I don't store too many apps or games on my iPhone. I keep only 15-20 apps that I require and use. Besides that, I don't keep music on my phone. Only photos and other stuff. And I never get out of memory.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just the other day my Sister-n-Law (not really tech savvy) called me up and asked me if she should get the 16gb or 64gb iPhone 6. I advised her to get the 64gb, because over the lifespan of a two year contract the 16gb would not last. It's my opinion that most people get the 16gb because of price at that moment instead of not looking at what memory they will use over the lifespan of the contract and/or phone. Sure there is iCloud and other cloud storage options, but its been my experience that most people want their stuff on their device.
With all the different type apps/games available this day and age, I personally think 32gb should be the entry level GB.....Just my .02 cents

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
As far as the question of the title: yes, of course. More storage for the same price? Yeah.

Exactly. If price is the same, why wouldn't someone want more storage? I'm sure the 16gb is the most popular model. As was mentioned, the vast majority of buyers don't download many apps and use their phone for just the basic functions. My mother in law has been one of those people, but when she upgraded to the 6 she went with the 64gb. She didn't want to have to manage photos and music anymore. Over the course of 2 years she had filled her 16gb and was having to delete and move things. If there was a 32gb model she would have gone with that I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
32 gigs please. In this day and age 16gigs is just not enough especially if you want to use your phone for two years. You can easily max out the storage on a 16g phone with just a few apps and using the camera and video camera. My question is why limit yourself when you don't have to.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
32gb Will be a good start I think. Camera getting stronger making huge size photos, and huge size vids in less than mn. Media consumption is growing, and 16gb doesn't go long before struggle. 32gb definitely will ease some of those pains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
32 gigs please. In this day and age 16gigs is just not enough especially if you want to use your phone for two years. You can easily max out the storage on a 16g phone with just a few apps and using the camera and video camera. My question is why limit yourself when you don't have to.

Buy the 64gb version for what you would have been charged for a 32gb version. That's an additional 32gb of free storage. Problem. Solved.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Buy the 64gb version for what you would have been charged for a 32gb version. That's an additional 16gb of free storage. Problem. Solved.

Come on, Hank. This is 2015. Common sense has been outlawed...;).....There's a faction that do not want to pay and extra $100 for twice the storage. They want to pay the same price but get twice the storage. Apple has too much money as it is so it's only 'fair' that they 'give' away 16 additional gigabytes of storage for free.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Buy the 64gb version for what you would have been charged for a 32gb version. That's an additional 16gb of free storage. Problem. Solved.

I bought a 64 gig version and love it. But that still doesn't change my opinion that the 32 gig model should now be the base. Never have implied Apple has enough money or should be giving away storage. I'm simply saying if you want to use the awesome power of this phone you will run into space issues really quickly with the 16 gig model. Then again the 16 gig model could be an up sale to get people to buy the 64 gig model.

Last edited:

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Definitely! The only reason I got the 64GB phone is because there is no 32. In today's world, 16GB just isn't enough. The OS itself takes up more than 3GB so that 16 is really about 12.5. Then there's all the apps, that doesn't leave that much space for music and photos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox