Why is my iPhone 6 reconnecting to mobile network before text, call or mobile data?

Laurens Imants

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 6 reconnecting to mobile network before text, call or mobile data

Hi all,

My new iPhone 6 is always reconnecting to the mobile network before sending a text, making call or connecting to mobile data.

In more detail: I type a text in Messages, press send and then I get the message that the text is not delivered. Then the connection to my carrier's network is lost and it reconnects automatically. When I then try to resend the message it's OK.

Same problem for making calls or connecting to mobile data (e.g. loading a webpage).

iMessage is turned of and Messages is only configured to send an receive text via my phone number. The problem was not solved after multiple iPhone resets.

Could this be HW related (antenna problem)? Or would it be a network problem (can't call customer service during weekend)? I just placed a new SIM card... I must say that in general my reception is also bad (between -80 and -110) in places where I normally have good reception.

Thanks for your feedback!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 reconnecting to mobile network before text, call or mobile data

How long have you had the phone? You said you switched SIM cards, which makes me think it would be a network problem. If the old SIM in your phone worked well, and this one doesn't, I'd guess it is a network problem. If you have any more details, keep us posted and we'll try to figure this out :)

Laurens Imants

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I have the phone for 6 days now. When I bought it I had my micro SIM cut into the nano format. I knew that cutting wasn?t the best option so the next day I went to my carrier to have the SIM replaced with a nano one. I can?t tell if I also had the problems with the cut SIM as I was at a location with bad reception in general and it was only for one day.

I find it very strange:
I can receive text messages and calls just fine but when I want to reply just seconds after the text was received, the text is not sent (?Not delivered?) and the iPhone reconnects to the network after 10 seconds. Afterwards when I press ?Send again? the text is sent.

I will call my carrier?s customer service today: hopefully it?s network related?

Laurens Imants

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Called my carrier: they think it's phone related. They will test my SIM with other phones today, I haven't had the chance to do this myself.

Feedback is still welcome though ;)

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site

Keep us informed.
Similar problem with getting cel network in my unlocked iPhone 6.

Called my carrier: they think it's phone related. They will test my SIM with other phones today, I haven't had the chance to do this myself.

Feedback is still welcome though ;)

Bruce1008

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

That's weird, maybe you can try to reboot your device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73