iPhone dead after 3 weeks

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Not the most confidence inspiring return to the world of apple.

Had my iPhone 6 for three weeks.

Had no problems in any regard with it apart from a random "this accessory may not be supported" from three official apple chargers.

However this morning it all went wrong.

Disconnected from the charger and the battery fell to 98% after about an hour.

This isn't unusual as most of you will probably know.

However after three hours of pretty heavy usage, imagine my surprise that the battery is still at 98%.

This is unusual so I decide to restart the phone.

Cue endless reboot loop.

It reboots to the lock screen, no clock, battery now at 55% and swipe for emergency call only. It's picked up my sim card and registered a 4g connection.

When swiping to unlock and enter my pin, immediately resets to the lock screen.

It then reboots and repeats the above.

I then tried to plug it to my laptop and connect through iTunes to try to restore a backup. iTunes doesn't pick up the phone as it cannot stay on for more than a few seconds.

Tried a hard reset a few times by holding home button and on/off button, but no joy there either.

Eventually it displayed a progress bar and I thought that this was a good sign.

But this has now resulted in "the temperature of the iPhone is too high to use" message and now it is stuck on that.

It won't charge, iTunes can see it for a few seconds before it disconnects.

Been to the local apple store who couldn't see me tonight so I've got to go back and queue when it opens to hopefully get a replacement handset as its my work phone.

Fingers crossed.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If your phone is doing this when you take it in no doubt they will take care of you. As they say sh!* happens once and a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Yup, time to get a replacement. Hopefully, they'll give you brand new replacement. Most of times they give you refurbished unit that comes with 30 days warranty.

Williams_810

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I would say that they especially should be able to take care of you if you only had your iPhone 6 for a few weeks.

Last edited:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Apple will definitely replace this for you! Don't lose confidence in the products, from time to time there are lemons that make it into people's hands :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yup, time to get a replacement. Hopefully, they'll give you brand new replacement. Most of times they give you refurbished unit that comes with 30 days warranty.

This information is completely inaccurate.

IF the OP gets a refurb, which is quite likely at this point in the lifecycle, he will get a good warranty. Warranty on refurb devices are the greater of 90 days or the remainder of the original warranty. Purchasing AppleCare+ is also available to the recipient of the replacement device.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Been to the Apple Store.

They tested it and confirmed it was not repairable so they've replaced it with a new handset.

I did ask if it was a refurb but he confirmed that it was new and not refurbished.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Been to the Apple Store.

They tested it and confirmed it was not repairable so they've replaced it with a new handset.

I did ask if it was a refurb but he confirmed that it was new and not refurbished.

Glad you got it resolved. Apple customer service rocks.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Been to the Apple Store.

Nice, I'm glad it worked out for you! Apple is awesome!

Enjoy the new iPhone!

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Must admit I was surprised.

I've had apple products on and off for the last few years.

iPods, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4s and iPad 1 and 3, and my son has a 1st gen IPad mini.

I've never really been to an Apple Store before because they are always busy and look a bit chaotic.

Thought I was going to be in for a battle with getting seen and getting it resolved but I was pleasantly surprised. Sure the store filled up with others with issues and then customers coming in very quickly. There was about 40 people waiting in the queue for genius appointments.

But I was the 4th person seen after about 15 mins and within 20 mins my son and I were walking out of the store with a replacement.

So my initial impressions of Apple stores wasn't right and that's been changed now, so thanks to the guys there for sorting it out.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Apple's customer service is second to none. There's a reason their customer satisfaction is so high. They stand by their products, as you and many others have experienced.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
This is the exact reason prefer to buy my iPhones from Apple directly. There store in my area has always provided me top shelf service and once even went well above and beyond to resolve a 2-day issue that AT&T was causing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner