How can I fix an error 53 problem?

basamsterdam

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
error 53 problem help please

hello

i bought my iphone 6 second hand from some one.

the touch id doesnt word and i used the phone for over 3 Months.

when i go too the amac (apple ) the seller wants too try reset my phone (itunes) when h? do this error 53 comes.

so i can't reset the phone and Now is the iphone dead ( connect too itunes) i can not use it anymore because the seller from apple want's too reset.

i dont have guaranty so i checked self with All tips on the internet

- replace the Shield behind the lcd with cable.

- the original screen and homebutton touch id is on the phone.

- try too reset without screen and unplug the connector ( touchid)

- the connector from my touchid is damaged but no nobody can repair this.

i need helpppppp i want too use my iphone

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: error 53 problem help please

are you sure it has the original home button on it?
The home button and the board share a specific encryption key since the home button is now used for touchid / fingerprint unlocking. The secure element has to match.
If the unit was repaired and the home key was replaced but the unit was not hard reset its possible it could still work. As soon as you hooked it to itunes and hard reset it and restored the iOS the encryption keys didnt match OR the main board can not contact the home button due to ribbon or connector failure.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Your best bet is to take the phone to a reputable repair shop, or get another phone.

Taking it to a "reputable" shop wont fix error 53.
That error has to do with the home button encryption used for fingerprint reading and matching the motherboard.
At this point in time Apple controls the software that can fix this problem. They have not released the software to anybody so technically it needs to go back to apple so they can fix either the home button or reset the internals to work with the home button on it and clear the error.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Taking it to a "reputable" shop wont fix error 53.
That error has to do with the home button encryption used for fingerprint reading and matching the motherboard.
At this point in time Apple controls the software that can fix this problem. They have not released the software to anybody so technically it needs to go back to apple so they can fix either the home button or reset the internals to work with the home button on it and clear the error.

I guess you're right on that. I would try for a replacement.

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't think no one has a solution for this. I bought this iphone 6 like three days back and it wasn't updated to ios 9 and the seller clearly mentioned that touch ID wasn't working.

All i wanted to keep the ios upto date so i downloaded ton intsall. Now non of the back ups can be restored back to my phone and um damn stuck. Lost my money, lost the phone.
Apple better come up with something soon

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think no one has a solution for this. I bought this iphone 6 like three days back and it wasn't updated to ios 9 and the seller clearly mentioned that touch ID wasn't working.

All i wanted to keep the ios upto date so i downloaded ton intsall. Now non of the back ups can be restored back to my phone and um damn stuck. Lost my money, lost the phone.
Apple better come up with something soon
Apple has a fix, send it to them. Thats their fix.

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

The problem is that i am the second owner of this phone and i have tried so many third party repair shops to fix this and none of them ever came across with a solution.

Apple should atleast a release an update or educate third parties on a solution. But apart from sending a replacement phone, they don't really have an answer

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

The problem is that i am the second owner of this phone and i have tried so many third party repair shops to fix this and none of them ever came across with a solution.

Apple should atleast a release an update or educate third parties on a solution. But apart from sending a replacement phone, they don't really have an answer

I think you missed the point.
there is NO solution. Apple still wants to control certain things.
Error 53 has to do with the home button not working properly.
Thanks to everyone wanting fingerprint reading technology all new apple devices that have any sort of issue with the home button will get this error.
There is encryption built into the software / hardware that is used when reading fingerprints. The home button is matched to the board. NO replacing the home button. Apple has the ability to clear the flag but they will not release such software because ... well because they dont have to. Or dont want to. Its proprietary to them and thats that.
I can understand your not happy with it but that doesnt mean apple should release an update for it or educate third parties. Maybe they feel if they release software to fix it people can hack the encryption software that protects it. Im a hardware guy and not a programmer. So thats just a guess.
I speak from experience as i manage a third party shop. We are well aware of the error but thats because were professionals and educate our selves as well as work with manufacturers when possible. There will always be certain things that will require a phone to go back to apple. As of now error 53 is one of them. Warranty work is another.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

The possible solution is to restore the device without the touch screen.

1. Remove the LCD
2. Connect to iTunes
3. Restore

Care to provide better instructions?
Should the phone be in DFU mode first, then remove the LCD? Or should we remove the LCD then hook to a computer with it off, knowing that when its plugged in it will turn on automatically?

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

re-pear

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Ive had error 53 yesterday and I know for a fact that my home button is NOT the original one. but it has been working fine. I stupidly did a restore in itunes and got this error. tried another touch id, still the same. Then I found a random thread about effects of decharging the system. so I disconnected my battery while i fitted the touch id and it restored first time. Hope this helps other people.
Oh and the reason I know its not my original touch sensor is because My iphone 6 was black and after some damage I converted it to white and gold. Maybe there are different revisions of the touch sensor and you have to have the right revision for your board.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive had error 53 yesterday and I know for a fact that my home button is NOT the original one. but it has been working fine. I stupidly did a restore in itunes and got this error. tried another touch id, still the same. Then I found a random thread about effects of decharging the system. so I disconnected my battery while i fitted the touch id and it restored first time. Hope this helps other people.
Oh and the reason I know its not my original touch sensor is because My iphone 6 was black and after some damage I converted it to white and gold. Maybe there are different revisions of the touch sensor and you have to have the right revision for your board.

Correct - you can replace the home button but as soon as you reset the phone it will error 53 on you.

But your saying you got yours working by disconnecting the battery, then disconnect and replace the home button, then last step connect the battery then restore the phone?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods